How can I find out whe formal night are on 14 day med cruise?

Hubby has made me promise that he doesnt have to get dressed up on our next cruise so we want to avoid formal nights and will book Chops or Portofinos instead, any idea when formal nights are on a 14 day Med cruise?

The formal nights are not usually promolgated before hand, however you can expect 3 on a 14 night cruise and they are usually on "sea days" . Suppose you could E Mail the ship ??

Luv

Cy

I just copied this from RCCL's website, formal wear is also 'appropraite'. Same as in the main dining room, it is obviously the recommended dress code for both of these dining options on formal night. It certainly would not appear to be a casual dress option.

Speciality Restaurant Dress Suggestion

We suggest smart casual attire - jackets for men, dresses or pantsuits for women. On formal evenings onboard, formal attire is also appropriate in the restaurant; which includes suits and ties or tuxedos for men and cocktail dresses for women

You won't be turned away from the specialty restaurants or the dining room if you are dressed nice. Not on Royal anyway... We went to Chops with my husband wearing khaki pants and a nice shirt, and me in a short, nice dress... it was fine, and others in there had on the same... some dressed nicer, but you will NOT see everyone on formal night in a tux or in a dark suit for that matter...

Hubby has made me promise that he doesnt have to get dressed up on our next cruise so we want to avoid formal nights and will book Chops or Portofinos instead, any idea when formal nights are on a 14 day Med cruise?

I closely followed the Roll Calls for my ship several months before we took our med cruise (the cruises that were earlier than ours that followed the same itinerary) As those cruises were completed, it was easy to find out about formal nights, theme nights & other activties, menus, etc ... folks were happy to share info with us!!

Archived