Lotus Spa Treatments- Rasul or Couples Massage

ladyhoneybee

Hello :)

Based on my doing a search first, I have gathered some info on both of these treatments (more on the Rasul) but still want some opinions as far as choosing one or the other.

I have reserved the couples exotic bath & massage as well as the rasul mud treatment ~ but I'm only budgeted for one. I have had tons of massages in my life and my DH, while he doesn't get them very often (his choice-I'm not hoggin' all of them!!!!), he does typically enjoy them. I am assuming that the "exotic bath" part of the couples massage involves nothing more than the obvious ~ being that we simply submerge ourselves in warm, theraputic water. (well, nothing more than we'll share, anyway ;) )

He's been so stressed these last months, I'd love to treat him to something that will really make him feel calm and peaceful and happy. The rasul mud treatment/wash is not something either of us has ever done so it sounds very interesting and different but I know one can't go wrong with a massage!

Anyone done either of these or both?

Thoughts? I'd love to hear a man's point of view, too.

Thank you :D

oh my! I must'a missed that thread. Laughing at the thought of standing there ass-nekkid with nothing but mud on their bodies while the spa people burst in the door. Not sure if reading that makes me NOT want to do or makes me want to do it just for the possibility of a good story later.

We did the Rasul on Diamond Princess Hawaii last November after convincing DH it would be nice. They ran a special so we tried it.

We really enjoyed it and ended up booking it one more time.:)

BTW, you lock the door from the inside, so no one can come in!

Hello :)

Based on my doing a search first, I have gathered some info on both of these treatments (more on the Rasul) but still want some opinions as far as choosing one or the other.

I have reserved the couples exotic bath & massage as well as the rasul mud treatment ~ but I'm only budgeted for one. I have had tons of massages in my life and my DH, while he doesn't get them very often (his choice-I'm not hoggin' all of them!!!!), he does typically enjoy them. I am assuming that the "exotic bath" part of the couples massage involves nothing more than the obvious ~ being that we simply submerge ourselves in warm, theraputic water. (well, nothing more than we'll share, anyway ;) )

He's been so stressed these last months, I'd love to treat him to something that will really make him feel calm and peaceful and happy. The rasul mud treatment/wash is not something either of us has ever done so it sounds very interesting and different but I know one can't go wrong with a massage!

Anyone done either of these or both?

Thoughts? I'd love to hear a man's point of view, too.

Thank you :D

Hi ladyhoneybee... ... Elton here... (my wife is letting me use her CC ID to respond )

Okay... From a mans point of view. From 4/13 thru 4/20 we were on the Caribbean Princess and my wife signed us up for both the couples exotic bath & massage and the Rasul. Going into the cruise I was really looking forward to the Rasul. It sounded like fun, and more exotic than a massage by a stranger. But... now that the dust has settled, considering the expense and the experience... we both agreed the couples bath & massage wins hands down.

However, that might have something to do with our age. If you and your husband are still young and hot for each others bodies, then I (as a man) can appreciate what the Rasul "could" offer... Personally I found nothing exciting about "standing" in the middle of a glorified bathroom, while the ship is rolling and you try to maintain your balance while at the same time trying to smear mud on each other. We found it cold and drafty, among other things. They only give you about two cups of mud to coat both bodies (not near enough). The attendant told us she turned on the steam room but after we got coated with mud we opened the steam room door to find a cold tile room with no steam. The experience continued to go downhill from there. Anyway... if you want to get all the dirt on the Rasul, and why I can't recommend it... (or why if I probably would if I was a young man again:rolleyes:) then check out this thread I posted earlier this evening.

NET: The Rasul experience left us feeling more anxious than rested at the end of the hour. Certainly not how it should have been. Very disappointing.

I loved the massage (in fact it was so relaxing I fell asleep) Like you, my wife has had plenty of massages so the Rasul was going to be something out of the norm for her. Unfortunately, when the hour was over we both had wished we had spent the money on anything but the Rasul. It had promising potential but I believe Princess has a lot of work to do on the overall package and presentation before its worth the money.

Do yourself a favor... swap the Rasul for the Segway Tour. As a guy I've always been intrigued by the Segway and wanted to try riding one. As it turns out my wife actually enjoyed it so much she asked if we could get one for fun once we got back home (errr... until she found out how much they cost!)

Anyway... hope you have fun. Regardless of the various experiences we all have on our vacations... its all part of the overall experience. Even with the let down of the Rasul... the cruise was a ball. We loved it.

Elton

My DF and I did the couples massage on the Caribbean last year. I had had massages before but DF had not. Everything was handled very professionally and was a very neat experience. DF enjoyed it and said that he would do it again. I say go with the massage!!!

We did this on the Crown. My husband was not into this at all. He was put off by the staff. We had to undress in the main lockerooms. Then come out and wait. His robe didn't have a tie. He felt like he was in a wet public restroom during the rasul. We stayed about 15 minutes and then ducked back to our cabin for a long good laugh.

Just wasn't for us.

Next time I'll stick with just a regular massage & leave hubby and the mud behind.

Archived