Finding a Better Deal?

:confused: I booked a Jr. Suite on Serenade almost a year ahead. As I posted earlier, the rates were about $400 less a week before I booked, much to my disappointment.

Other posters have mentioned watching for deals, discounts, etc., but this is my question...with the law of supply and demand, it seems to me that the rates can only up until the cruise date. There will be some cancellations right before the last chance date to back out date, I imagine, (January something for my cruise)...is that the point that a booked passenger like me might find a "better deal" and call in for a credit?

I don't want to bother watching daily for rate changes if its not possible.

Also, is it best for me to do as others have said and hold off on the final payment until right before the final due date?

Thanks.

Salsa Dancer

:confused: I booked a Jr. Suite on Serenade almost a year ahead. As I posted earlier, the rates were about $400 less a week before I booked, much to my disappointment.

Other posters have mentioned watching for deals, discounts, etc., but this is my question...with the law of supply and demand, it seems to me that the rates can only up until the cruise date. There will be some cancellations right before the last chance date to back out date, I imagine, (January something for my cruise)...is that the point that a booked passenger like me might find a "better deal" and call in for a credit?

I don't want to bother watching daily for rate changes if its not possible.

Also, is it best for me to do as others have said and hold off on the final payment until right before the final due date?

Thanks.

Salsa Dancer

Because of supply and demand the obverse is also true. If supply outpaces demand prices will drop. If you book a cruise that is popular they will raise prices as you get closer. If it's not popular they will lower them to fill the ship. They don't want to sail an empty ship. :)

If you're happy with your cabin and the deal you got--don't worry about it! i mean--if you think about it--if it were too expensive, you wouldn't have booked it!

I know folks do manage to fine an extra $100 here and there, but personally,if I'm happy with my booking, all I think about is the good time I'm going to have--I don't beat myself up trying to get a "better" deal!

And it doesn't really matter if you pay it off now, or later--if there IS a price drop you can take advantage of, they will give it to you, whether you're paid up, or not!

Archived