Help - Insurance Question - Sailing 5/25!

Hi,

I booked at cruise on 4/8, and have not yet bought my insurance, we sail 5/25. I know now that it will not cover any pre-existing conditions. But, can you tell me if my 97 year old Grandma were to pass away, would that be covered? She is in great shape, lives along (two story house!) drives, and is doing wonderful. She does of course take medicine (blood pressure, cholesterol, etc). Would insurance consider her death a "pre-existing" condition? Old age, and taking meds, is that pre-existing??

I would buy the insurance if I knew that her death would be covered (cancel trip, get off ship, etc).

Please help!!!

Thanks Everyone!! :)

I believe that a pre-existing condition is anything for which a person sought medical care in the preceding six months. At her age, if she has high blood pressure and high cholesterol, it seems likely that she would need to see her doctor at least every six months.

In most trip insurance policies, death itself is not pre-existing as a condition. However, hospitalization for an already existing condition that worsens may or may not be covered. Some policies apply pre-existing conditions to non-travelling family members, some do not.

I recommend you contact tripinsurancestore.com and explain your concerns; they will be able to tell you immediately which policies will meet your needs and the cost of those policies.

Archived