Aft vs. Hump

I am looking at sailing the Jewel 5 nights from Boston to Bermuda this October. Right now I have RM 8168 (aft room) on hold. A hump room would be a little less expensive. I welcome your thoughts on which is better and why.

We did AFT on the Jewel and it is our favorite type of room. I have never had a hump room. I would keep the AFT if it was me. The Radiance class has the best AFT rooms, preferebly the ones on deck 10.

Aft has huge balcony, dependent on where you are on the hump it can range from huge to standard. Hump wins hands down in convenience but the aft has the view of the wake. I could go on and on for pros and cons, we have had both and love both.

Aft has huge balcony, dependent on where you are on the hump it can range from huge to standard. Hump wins hands down in convenience but the aft has the view of the wake. I could go on and on for pros and cons, we have had both and love both.

Convenience to what? Being close to the elevators? Most people complain that AFT rooms are such a LOOOONG walk, we love the long walk and we always take the stairs instead of the elevator, helps to burn a few more calories.

We prefer Aft, but have stayed hump too. Both are just fine. We like the larger balconies aft, and the walk is just a detail for us. Really, it's part of our exercise over the course of the trip. On Voyager-class, the rooms are nice and square. Hump really is convenient to having options on either end of the ship and near the elevators.

While we have been in both areas, we prefer the hump. You will find many opinions on both.

My DH is disabled and the hump works much better for us in terms of convenience. We do not care how big the balcony is, we can be out their whether it is large or not and the hump balconies are not that small

I say you should try both, as I know you will not end with one cruise. I am sure what ever area you do choose, you will enjoy.

My DW would stay in a closet if it's on a ship, but walking is more than a detail for me so the hump would get my vote.

Something else to consider: If you are a very organized person who never forgets the camera, snorkel, or other item so you don't have to run back and retrieve them then the aft might be for you, but a few rushed trips back to the room to get some forgotten item will have you cursing that loooong hallway.

Either way you really can't lose. Enjoy your cruise!

We are on this cruise with you :) We "right now" have neither a hump or an aft (humps on the floor we were looking are gone). I've been trying to persuade DH to try an aft but he thinks he'll be too sea sick. On our first cruise in December we were really rocking in our mid ship room. We'll see if I can convince him soon enough to change to aft!

Hands down. Aft 8168 is awesome. We had that cabin on our Panama Canal cruise in January. You won't be sorry. (2 lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs and a table on your balcony.

It's a bit of a walk, but then you can justify eating 2 desserts everynight. (to build up your strength for the loooong walk) hehehheheh It's NOT that far.

Archived