Rpyal palms

obxer

We were thinking of catching a ride to Royal Paklms and using the beach. is that a good idea, a good place, a hard place to get to or very crowded. Any opinions on it? thanks.

I haven't been there but if you go to www.nativewaywatersports.com and click on the links button on the left side. Then click on live webcams 7 mile beach. The webcam is of the beach at the royal palms. Watch it for a couple of days and see what you think. We used it this year before we went on our cruise to see what we thought. We ended up booking the rays reef and rum point tour through nativeway instead. That was wonderful. Good luck:)

We went there in March as a plan B because our original excursion was canceled. It wasn't very far from the pier - probably about 10 minutes and they charged us $4.00 a piece for the taxi van over there. It was cool. They bring beverages and food right to your beach chair. The chairs are $5.00 a piece when you get there (we just walked in and took a chair - didn't even see the sign saying it was $5.00 per chair for about 2 hours after we got there - so apparently whoever collects the money wasn't manning their post!) It turned out to be a great day afterall. We drank Corona's and lounged on the beach - the water was beautiful. You can see the cruiseships off in the distance. There's washrooms and a shower to rinse off before you leave....Let me know if you have any questions about anything else there...

079.jpg.4b90543ec16b022e6b54719dc86dba13.jpg

081.jpg.ee9cd95d097a109d7dbe54729fc21ced.jpg

082.jpg.15f5d6bc7d05755305ef273aea415655.jpg

FYI - my son was "snorkeling" in the pictures I posted above from Royal Palms - there was nothing to see!! He was just practicing I guess. But it kept him occupied for hours and hours...

We snorkeled at Royal Palms and actually saw some pretty big fish. However, overall this is NOT a snorkeling destination :)

Archived