Airport Pineapples

Nursenik

Hello everyone,

Well, we're flying our tomorrow for a day in oahu prior to our cruise on Celebrity's Infinity. Can't wait!! Someone had mentioned in a past post about buying crates of pineapplesat the airport...Just wondering..how many per crate and what is the cost?

Thanks,

Nicole

Don't know off the top of my head -- but when you get to Honolulu International, you may want to have someone run upstairs to departures and check the prices. :) BTW, they're not crates - they're prepackaged boxes.

Spleen

I do it whenever I take pineapples to the mainland. It is Dole - you pay at the exchange and pick up at the airport.

I wish I would have known that last year. What exchange do you do that at? I havent seen anything about it at Schofield.

We just returned also. We were going to buy a case of pineapples have have them shipped back. All the stores in the airport had the 3 pack and the clerk told us that the shipping was more than the pineapples. My DH refused to carry even a 3 pack, so we came back with nothing. They sure were good in Hawaii though. The pineapple on the ship was awful, touch and tasteless.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived