vancouver residents question

mdeane

Perhaps this has been discussed before and please excuse if that is so.

We are arriving at Ballantine Pier in July with two of our grandchildren. I understand that it is sometimes difficult to get a taxi, etc. to your hotel. Seems most of the cabs go to Canada Place. Unfortunately for us we must debark at Ballantine and I have heard you may wait for an hour or more.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Should we try to book a car or van to meet us? Many thanks. Looking forward to seeing beautiful Vancouver.

Perhaps this has been discussed before and please excuse if that is so.

We are arriving at Ballantine Pier in July with two of our grandchildren. I understand that it is sometimes difficult to get a taxi, etc. to your hotel. Seems most of the cabs go to Canada Place. Unfortunately for us we must debark at Ballantine and I have heard you may wait for an hour or more.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Should we try to book a car or van to meet us? Many thanks. Looking forward to seeing beautiful Vancouver.

There will be cabs at Ballantyne. However, it can sometimes be difficult to get a cab when you have quite a few ships docking at the same time. Here's the port of Vancouver schedule if you want to get an idea of how many ships will be docking the day you arrive.

I do not know where you will be staying, but if you're staying in downtown Vancouver, you may want to check with your hotel to see if they offer a free shuttle from the pier to the hotel.

If you're staying in Richmond, check out Vancouver Shuttle; they pick up from Ballantyne and take you to a few Richmond Area hotels for $13/person.

Archived