Anyone just off the Mariner? we wanna hear

Waiting to get on her in 2 weeks, and would loooove to hear from anyone just off her today or last week?

There have not been any reviews for a while, and you know thats what keeps us going with the anticipation and excitement!

Come on someone!!! tell all!

Hi Sheil,

DH and I just off the Mariner last weekend. It is a beautiful ship but too large for us at 3800. You will enjoy it. The service was great. We were in 1610 on deck 10 near the Royal Suite. Are room was comfortable, quiet and convenient.

Our room steward was attentive and pleasant.

You will enjoy the promenade! It was a great place to catch a coffee and cookie or a cocktail and people watch.

Oooh...there is a "secret door" to find! Go to the Lotus Lounge and take the door to the right. You will have a great view off the front of the ship!

We food was good. Portofino's was fabulous and enjoyed it with some friends from CC and our Meet and Mingle. We thought that the Windjammer was ok but food seemed to be in awkward locations and "flow of traffic" seemed strange. Try to go at "off times" otherwise it is hectic.

Don't forget room service. Some of our fondest memories are before dinner drinks and a cheese plate or chicken wings out on the balcony. Love it!

oh...and coffee and croissants as the sunrise. FABULOUS

I have been on her before but just love to read the latest reviews etc just before I go again...kinda peps up the excitement doesn't it. I will check out that "secret door" tho! Thanks. How was the weather???

I want hot sun EVERY day! LOL

I have been on her before but just love to read the latest reviews etc just before I go again...kinda peps up the excitement doesn't it. I will check out that "secret door" tho! Thanks. How was the weather???

I want hot sun EVERY day! LOL

Just got off the ship yesterday, sunny and 85 everday. It was windy though and the ship was really rocking almost everyday.

This was our second cruise and we had a great time. Drew Devine was good and really enjoyed captain Johnny.

Waiting to get on her in 2 weeks, and would loooove to hear from anyone just off her today or last week?

There have not been any reviews for a while, and you know thats what keeps us going with the anticipation and excitement!

Come on someone!!! tell all!

Oooooo me to!!!!

Only 10 working days left for me before we fly out, how exciting!!!!

yaypiano.gif

Just got off the ship yesterday, sunny and 85 everday. It was windy though and the ship was really rocking almost everyday.

and miss her already!

Not sure what mtu_huskies considers rocking, but to us it was very calm. I never took a dramamine after the 1st night and I am prone to sea sickness. We were aft balcony - Deck 9.

Itinerary (Eastern) was great. Embarkation took no time. Captain Johnny was great. Food in dining room was ok. Chops was excellent. Johnny Rockets was Johnny Rockets. Ship is beautiful. Room steward was awesome! Dining room service was good. Lots to do. Pool area was crowded with chair hogs, as usual. Will try to get a review done before you leave.

If you have specific questions, feel free to email me - beverland.at.msn.dot.com, subject: Mariner Questions

This was our second cruise and we had a great time. Drew Devine was good and really enjoyed captain Johnny.

Can you expand more on Drew?

Hi Hazel I's

No 1610 was just a balcony but because it was near the larger penthouse, our balcony was private on that side...glass on the other...we loved it. The only strange thing was that the tv was to the right of the bed so you had no direct view of it. We are not tv watchers so this wasn't an issue. You could sit on the little couch in front of it. The penthouse was occupied by a Make A Wish Family...we never saw them but once. We picked the room a year in advance. HEM was our steward and he was excellent. We were very close to the stairs and elevators. One floor up was Windjammer and pool area. Nice.

Hi Hazel I's

No 1610 was just a balcony but because it was near the larger penthouse, our balcony was private on that side...glass on the other...we loved it. The only strange thing was that the tv was to the right of the bed so you had no direct view of it. We are not tv watchers so this wasn't an issue. You could sit on the little couch in front of it. The penthouse was occupied by a Make A Wish Family...we never saw them but once. We picked the room a year in advance. HEM was our steward and he was excellent. We were very close to the stairs and elevators. One floor up was Windjammer and pool area. Nice.

I read recently that the main dinner menus have changed. Is it true that Caribbean/Get out there night with the island food is gone from Wed night onboard? That would be great since it was such a weak night for food in the dining room. If so we will have a tougher time deciding on which night to do Chops, but that is ok.

Thanks

Can you expand more on Drew?

I don't know what else to say, Drew is the cruise director and was entertaining. I thought he worked well with Captain Johnny, not many CDs work with such an outgoing captain I would bet.

About the rocking of the ship, I should say I didn't get sick or anything, but for me comparing it to my only other cruise (Freedom W. Carribean, I only noticed that we weren't on land one night) This was quite different and the ship was rocking.

During the Q&A on Day 7, out of all the questions there was one about stabalizers and one about the missing midnight buffett. I recommend people go to the Q&A, very informative.

We got off the ship this last Sunday May 4. We had a great cruise - the ship is in great shape and the staff is very good (except for a little problem with our cabin attendant). The ship did move a bit but we were on the Atlantic Ocean - not in the Caribbean seas. I have problems with motion sickness but Bonine solved the problem.

Captain Johnny's Harley was on view (with body guard) by the gangway.

We had a great dinner in San Juan - at Dragonfly. Our table mates were very nice.

Have a great time - its a beautiful ship.

Oh we are on this sailing too! I can't wait! We start our vacation on the 16th - I am really going to need it by then. Until then, I am enjoying packing, reading about the ship & annoying my husband by talking about the cruise too much! :)

Has everyone signed up for the meet & mingle on this sailing? Pootle? Firefighterhoop?

Join us!

Hey sounds like you'll be on the same sailing we will?? 5/18???

It does sound like ALL midnight buffets are gone in the dining room, but they do still have the caribbean buffet and party outside 1 night.

Darn! I'm so disappointed! I'm usually too exhausted to make it, but this year I was determined.... well at least I wan't have all that food in my belly while I'm sleeping? Ha!

Yes! We will be on the same cruise! Less than 2 weeks! I'm driving myself crazy. I'm SO ready for a vacation!

I am starting to get so excited for this cruise! I hadn't really been thinking much about our upcoming vacation because things have been so busy in the real world, but now it's only 10 days away and I can't wait!!!! So excited! Reading this thread just gets me more pumped!

Archived