Back from the Victory

vesw01

I will post more on the review section.

IMHO it was OK. I don't feel that certain aspects met or exceeded my expectations.

If you want to know more, read my review or post a reply

Thanks

Victoria

Ves, you can post your review here... that way at least people are not wondering for the next month as to why your cruise was bad... I know you had high expectations for the cruise, hopefully you will let us all know what went wrong!! It takes a while for the reviews to get up... best just to post here, it will be helpful for others....

You can read my full member review out there now...

Loved Camp Carnival Staff!!

Our waiter was the WORST-even the other tables couldn't believe it and commented to us!!

Our cabin was wonderful #1001 - would book it again in a heartbeat!!

Treating of the Disabled - they got us to the front of the line getting on the ship- the rest of the week was a DISASTER.... they made people in walkers and wheelchairs line up in the hallway to get off the ship and then pushed them to the side because people with tours needed to get off in NYC - it was PATHETIC!! You just DON'T do that!!

Food was ok - not anything I could live without.......

The slide was great!!

Ports were WONDERFUL!!

All in all, it was a "nice" time, I wouldn't say that Carnival met or exceeded my expectations

NYC

Boston

Portland

Sydney Nova Scotia (we were divereted to St. John's Bay due to a storm)

Halifax Nova Scotia

This is their last week doing that IT - then they do some short sailing in Virginia and then they go into dry dock for 2 wks, then off to the Carib.

I have been waiting for some reviews from anyone who has been on the Victory recently but I am a little dissapointed from what you've said.

My DH & I have booked a cruise for our whole family (10 of us) We've been on many cruise's before but our kids and grandkids haven't. We wanted this to be something special for them. We're doing the Western Caribbean, Feb 13, 2005.

I suppose if they have never cruised before they have nothing to compair it to.

This will be DH & my first time on Carnival.

I'm not going to let this get me down because just being with my whole family and seeing their smiles will be all I need. We'll make our own good times.;)

I'm sorry you were dissapointed with your cruise.

Maddie

Maddie....don't get disappointed from one review. My DD and I did a quickie CTN on the Victory in June and found it to be fantastic. The food was excellent, the service good, but on a CTN it seems to be a little less than a week long cruise. The ship is beautiful, you will love it. Any questions in particular e-mail me at bunkie103@yahoo.com

Maddie - Our first cruise was the Victory out of NYC in June. We had the time of our lives! Now, I have nothing to compare this cruise to - no other lines, no other itineraries - but it was the most relaxing vacation of my life. Next June we're taking the Conquest out of NO to the Western Caribbean - can't wait!

Maddie, if you go look at the reviews, you will see that many many people LOVE this ship!!!! Don't get discouraged by one bad review... just don't go into the cruise with the highest of expectations... whenever we do that, we are bound to be disappointed. Just go into it knowing you will have a good time and be on a ship! LOL! I'm sure you will have a wonderful time!!!

Archived