NCL Crown

teegee1025

I have never cruised with NCL before. I have a group of friends that want to go to Bermuda out of NYC. They want to go in July on the Crown. Has anyone been on this ship lately and how is it? Usually travel out of FLA or PR and never out of NYC.

I see this ship was built in 1988. Is it "old" looking? Clean? Any help you can give is greatly appreciated. They want to book asap but I am leary of traveling on an old, maybe outdated ship.

Thanks

[

I see this ship was built in 1988. Is it "old" looking? Clean? Any help you can give is greatly appreciated. They want to book asap but I am leary of traveling on an old, maybe outdated ship.

Thanks

We were on the Crown Odyssey on a Med. cruise when the ship was sailing under the Orient Lines flag. NCL took over the ship (Orient is a subsidary corporation, as is NCL, under the Star Flag). We sailed on the NCL Crown in 2002? from Miami to Santiago.

We love the ship. It is not a big ship like the NCL Star - in fact it probably carries one-half the passengers of the Star. It is like one person put it - "like an intimate club".

If you are looking for size, or fancy, this is not the ship for you. But like some of the spam I've seen - size isn't everything!

We sailed the Crown in August. It is in great shape and lovely. One advantage of this ship is it was so eeasy to get around. I posted a longer review on the reviews section,which may help you figure out if its for you.

Thanks so much for the quick replies!! I do not need a big massive ship (been there done that on RC Adventurer of the Seas).

Forgot about the review threads. It's been a while since I've been on these boards.

Thanks again.

We sailed on her twice when she was Crown Odyssey, of Royal Cruise Lines, and she was a lovely ship.

I don't think I would care for her now, as NCL removed the indoor pool, the movie theatre, and added several cabins in their space. Having seen how NCL changed Windward and Dreamward (now Norwegain Wind and Dream), I don't have much faith in their remodelling jobs.

Archived