Does NCL have the best suite perks of all the mass market lines?

Gixer

I seem to have been endlessly reaserching over the last 3 weeks the differences and comparisons in suites and perks on NCL/Celebrity/RCCL etc

I havent cruised either of those lines yet, but from the info I have gathered so far it looks like NCL has the best suites and perks out there.

Celebrity has the butler and Consierge but no lounge with drinks/canapes, neither does it have the Courtyard area which hands down NCL wins in the 'suite stakes' with that feature alone.

The suite we have booked with RCCL doesnt seem to come with any perks at all other than priority boarding and a consierge lounge. No butler, no welcome drinks, no seperate area for suite guests, I dont even know if we get priority tenders or disembarkation? Infact, I cant even find a comprehensive list of suite perks for RCCL and when I asked the question of where I could find one I was told that there isnt one to be had - NCL clearly list on their web site all the perks you get when booking one of thier suites, everything form Cagneys for lunch, awesome coffee maker in room, your butler bringing you breakfast, upgraded room service menus etc etc

I am really looking forward to our RCCL cruise, the ship itself will have loads of great activities and fun things to do, but I feel a little deflated by their suite offerings in comparisson to NCL.

I guess I just wanted to know from others who have sailed in a suites on NCL/RCCL/Celebrity - what is your take on the situation? which cruiseline did you feel had the best perks and made you feel totally pampered? :confused:

IMO NCL does have the BEST suite perks. We sailed on Celebrity and where a little dissappointed. Not near the attention that NCL gives you. It seemed like we were paying more and getting less on Celebrity. Have not been on RCCL. to compare. I just know cruising in a PH or above on NCL they treat you like Kings & Queens. Seems like anything you want or need they(Butler and Concierge) can & will get it for you. We have been on five NCL cruises where we have booked suites with Butler/Con. and now are totally spoiled. It's are way of getting away from the REAL world!:D

It never hurts to try something new---.:)

Retiredonthesea

We have had suites on NCL (CV), Celebrity (Royal Suite), Princess (VS) and HAL (SA).

NCL - we were just on and they lacked a lot of perks over some of the others. Yes we had the butler but he did not do to much for us. We had to call him to request things, he wasn't bad either but he just did not push himself much. We did get 1 bottle of bubbly and hors d'oeuvres and fresh fruit and flowers but that was it. Having a concierge (Ruth) made reservation and getting off and on the ship wonderful. She was more helpful than our Butler.

Celebrity - We had a butler on the Mercury (fabulous, fabulous and awesome). The perks were good with free champagne, hors d'oeuvres, fresh fruit, flowers and invited to just about everything that was going on board. I told the butler I wanted to have a cocktail party with 20 people he told me not to worry "go on shore and I will have everything prepared when you return". When I walked in the room I was floored, he had several wines, 2 buckets of beers (corona) and all the glasses set up with napkins. Then right before my guest arrived he brought in 4 trays of hot and cold hors 'doeuvres. We also had stationary with our names on it, it was great. We had the same on the Infinity had dinner with the Capitan!

Princess - No butler and no lounge, but all I had to pick up the phone and whatever I requested was done. I also had free laundry and free Internet. Fresh fruit and flowers along with stationary, bridge tours and dinner with the Capitan a few times. All of my room Stewart's have been fabulous on Princess!

HAL - No butler but the lounge was great, if there was ever a problem you could just go to the lounge and they handle it, I was able to settle my bill in the lounge instead of going downstairs to wait in line. They too had everything that Princess had but the suite was much larger and the deck was huge.

I do have to say that I did enjoy the Courtyard area, it was quiet peaceful and very relaxing. Would I book NCL Villa again, only if I was doing a Transatlantic like we just did but if we were in port just about every day then I wouldn't waste the money. I would book a suite again with Princess, HAL and of course Celebrity in a heartbeat but only if the price is right;)

Funny how things happen for different people. We did the same thing on the NCL Sun with a party for 18. Had all kinds of food, extra chairs brought in for the balcony & furniture rearranged. Our Butler even stayed and served up some drinks. This wasn't even in a CV, but a Penthouse.

On NCL Star ( PH again) we had DS's and our GD's 21/2 & 31/2 with us in a connecting balcony and the Butler brought them fruit when he found out they liked it alot. Plus brought them pizza when we had room service. He couldn't do enough for us. Guess it all depends on who your Butler is.

On Celebrity Mercury our Butler was like yours on NCL had to ask for everything if we could even get hold of him.

It's just weird how things can get so changed around from one cruise to the next. That's why one, not so good experience with a cruise won't spoil it for the next no matter what line it is.

Retiredonthesea

In addition to the services mentioned in previous posts, Celebrity's butlers will serve your in suite meal course by course without standing over you. Tis said he just intuits when you are ready for the next course. They have free access to the T-pool/spa on vessels where there is ordinarily a charge. They deliver capuccinos/espresso which ordinarily have a price tag to non-suite passengers. The butler will unpack or pack you if you desire. You do not have to stand in line for tender tickets. The butler will pick them up for you. They have better bedding than the regular cabins have. They have priority for shore excursion wait lists if you suddenly decide you must go on a particular excursion. You can have an in suite massage treatment.

As far as free bottles of alcohol, doesn't NCL provide 3 in certain categories? I am not sure about that perk on other lines except the most expensive ones.

Some of the perks on NCL are not necessary on Celebrity since you have an assigned dining time, so there's no waiting, or need for reservations except the one upcharge restaurant on board each vessel. And the food is so good you do not need to go to the upcharge restaurant except to pamper yourselves. :)

On NCL the only ones that get free bottles of booze is the Garden Villas and Owner Suites (only 6 cabins on the Jade) but they are full bottles. The dining issue is a big Item since they started the 2.0 it was very expensive eating in the other dining rooms. The food was much better on this cruise in the specialty restaurants than in the main dining. We also prefer assigned seating, didn't really like the anytime stuff. Our butler did serve us dinner one night in our room and he did each course for us.

You are right about the butlers and tender tickets. You also get that on Princess and HAL but your room Stewart is you butler.

Also on Princess, HAL we always had free mini bars when we were in a suite which included the bottle water. On NCL you were only allowed the 1st bottle for free the rest were $4.00 per bottle.

The perks for suite guests on RCI to be are far better than the perks on NCL, Celebrity, Carnival & Princess.

Number 1, a grand suite on RCI gets you priority boarding. Also priority de-barkation. A concierge who will make your specialty restaurant reservations. He/she will also get your tickets to the ice skating shows. The concierge will do anything/everything possible for you.

The best thing about a suite, GS and above on RCI is that the Concierge lounge has continental breakfast every morning. That includes salmon, bagels, cream cheese, juice, pastries etc. Also there is free cappuccino all day and evening. But, there are FREE cocktails for suite occupants, (other than those under 21) along with hors d'oeuvre every night from 5-8:30PM. That alone to me is great.

Plus, the suites on RCI, although not as lavish as those on NCL such as the Garden Villas, are far, far less expensive. If I were going on a cruise and wanted to go on a mainstream line and have a suite, I would do it on one of the RCI newer ships. I love the Voyager and Radiance class ships. I haven't yet been on a Freedom class, but I will be next year.

There are lots of options available and not every one fits every one sailing, but my choice would be RCI. No matter your choice, enjoy.

The perks for suite guests on RCI to be are far better than the perks on NCL, Celebrity, Carnival & Princess.

Number 1, a grand suite on RCI gets you priority boarding. Also priority de-barkation. A concierge who will make your specialty restaurant reservations. He/she will also get your tickets to the ice skating shows. The concierge will do anything/everything possible for you.

The best thing about a suite, GS and above on RCI is that the Concierge lounge has continental breakfast every morning. That includes salmon, bagels, cream cheese, juice, pastries etc. Also there is free cappuccino all day and evening. But, there are FREE cocktails for suite occupants, (other than those under 21) along with hors d'oeuvre every night from 5-8:30PM. That alone to me is great.

Plus, the suites on RCI, although not as lavish as those on NCL such as the Garden Villas, are far, far less expensive. If I were going on a cruise and wanted to go on a mainstream line and have a suite, I would do it on one of the RCI newer ships. I love the Voyager and Radiance class ships. I haven't yet been on a Freedom class, but I will be next year.

There are lots of options available and not every one fits every one sailing, but my choice would be RCI. No matter your choice, enjoy.

We have not been in a suite on RCI but we received many of the things that you listed on the 2 times that we were in a suite on NCL. For example:

We received priority embarkation, debarkation in port/tenders/ and leaving the cruise when were were in a suite on NCL.

The butler served us a hot breakfast every morning. He told us to order anything that we wanted and he would make sure we had it. If it was not on the menu we wrote it in.

We had dessert and cappuchino served in our cabin one night just for fun. He told us that he would serve us any dinner from any restaurant as well. We did not do this but know that it is frequently requested.

The concierge got us all of our reservations for all of our restuarants and the tables that we wanted.

Someday we will sail on RCI again and be in a suite. When we sail (summer months) the NCL prices seem to be far lower for us than the RCI suite accomodations.

I agree....Plus on NCL if you have a family, you cannot beat the AB or A3 suites over the GS on RCCL. Those GS suites offer little privacy and space for a family. The AB is fantastic and is the best way to cruise with a family. I found I had so much more suite amenities on NCL than on RCCL.

NCL definitly outranked my OS on Princess with extras for sure. I don't remember too many extras on Princess.

I did love HAL! When we had the PH...or Owners Suite whatever it was called...I loved the service. HAL definitely was nice.

I'm sure Celebrity is great too! Have to try something besides a sky suite on there!

Can't wait to cruise with NCL again!

On NCL the only ones that get free bottles of booze is the Garden Villas and Owner Suites (only 6 cabins on the Jade) but they are full bottles. The dining issue is a big Item since they started the 2.0 it was very expensive eating in the other dining rooms. The food was much better on this cruise in the specialty restaurants than in the main dining. We also prefer assigned seating, didn't really like the anytime stuff. Our butler did serve us dinner one night in our room and he did each course for us.

You are right about the butlers and tender tickets. You also get that on Princess and HAL but your room Stewart is you butler.

Also on Princess, HAL we always had free mini bars when we were in a suite which included the bottle water. On NCL you were only allowed the 1st bottle for free the rest were $4.00 per bottle.

Actually the deluxe onwers suite on the Jade would recieve the free booze too.

We always book an onwers suite on NCL as you get all the free soft drinks and water you want. 3 bottles of liquor and some of the best service at sea. The Dawn/Jewel class owners suites are really spacious, (esp deck 10's) and feature side and forward facing balcony, and half bath for visiting guest. We love the coffee machine but always have to have the butler come and make them for us, (We have flooded the cabin bar more then once with these fancy machines).

As far as parties go, thanks to NCL butler's we have had some blowouts. I will never forget when we upsold to a garden villa on the Dawn and the butler arranged a cookout, (complete with chef) for our friends out in the garden.

Everyone has there favorites but I found both suite service and cabin lacking on serveral HAL and RCI cruises.

Do the courtyard villas get the free bottles of water and soda? Is there free alcohol too in the courtyard villa?

You only get the 1st bottle of water free, they do charge for the sodas and no to the free alcohol in the CV. We were in 14008 for the Transatlantic and if you were not in either a GV (garden villa) or Owners Suite then you had to pay for beverages.

We really enjoyed the Courtyard as I stated in my earlier post. It was really great and we totally relaxed. If anyone is interest in looking at the Garden or Courtyard Villa on the Jade just email me.

Archived