info on helmet diving and ez bike & Hike needed

woodley

Hi, I would like some information on these two shore excursions.

How do you enter the water for the helmet dive? also any other information you can give me.

The bike and hike - how hard are they to peddle? I have not ridden a bike for quite a few years and am worried I may not be able to keep up with the group. Is the Hike very long?

How did you get to the location - I read this is on your own and am not sure of the best way to get there or how long it will take.

Thanks in advance

Pleiades where are you???

OP

Pleiades is Bemudian who posts here but is a student in Canada at the moment. His family IS Hartley's Helmet Dive so he's the resident expert. If he would show up, he would be able to tell you any and everything you want to know.:D

The resident expert on helmet diving is Pleiades and I'm sure he'll be responding to your query post-haste. As for the e-z rider, the bicycles are electric-assisted, so not much effort is required to keep them going along. It's a group, so they only move as fast as the slowest member of the group. Unless Darwin happens to be eager to prove a point.....

Last I knew, the e-z rider tour picked up outside the cruise terminal at King's Wharf.

Hi, I would like some information on these two shore excursions.

How do you enter the water for the helmet dive? also any other information you can give me.

I, also, wish Pleiades was here to answer. I enjoyed meeting him on our dive last summer. Here's how our dive went, you climb down a ladder into the water, as you are about to go under, the helmet is put on your head and then you go down to the bottom where you can walk around. It is only about 10 feet or so. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever done in my life and I want to do it again!

IMAG0010.jpg.e73928b9a3e5b278f813adaff04d05d7.jpg

OK, OK, I'm awake! I've been enjoying my first few days back in Bermuda, mostly recovering from staying up all night to pack up my apartment and my bags before taking an 8:40AM flight home. I slept for 15 hours once I got home. Oh and I managed to get a cold, of course.

Getting into the water is usually pretty easy, unless you have problems bending your knees. There is a platform at the back of the boat which is a few inches from the water. A 5 foot wide ladder extends from the platform down to the sandy bottom. There is a bar to hang onto while you are getting into the water.

I can’t give you a link to our website because of the forum rules, but I'm sure one of these other helpful people could find a picture of the ladder and platform on our website for you.

Archived