CC Group Cruise - Egypt & Aegean - Grand Princess - October 13, 2009 - Any Interest?

Juliadlf

I'm looking at organizing a CC Group Cruise on the Grand Princess - October 13, 2009 - Egypt & Aegean if there is interest from others to join us.

This itinerary is 12 days with 8 ports of call (they include Rome in the ports visited).

Departure/return : Rome

Port stops scheduled to visit:

Naples -Italy

Athens -Greece

Kusadasi-Turkey

Istanbul - Turkey

Mykonos - Greece

Port Said - Egypt

Alexandria - Egypt

Back to Rome

I'm excited to visit some new ports as well as ones we've been to before. I'm looking at October since airfares generally (nothing's for sure) drop and most of the crowds for the ports have subsided. This itinerary is a roundtrip Rome.

I don't have any pricing yet and your not committed to signing up today. Just looking to see if there would be enough interest to move forward.

Thanks

Julia

Would love to do this cruise again, but not sure if we will be able to swing it.

Did the same cruise last November/December and it was very nice, especially the overnite in Egypt.

Best of luck, hope you can find a group to join you, it is well worth the trip.

Would love to do this cruise again, but not sure if we will be able to swing it.

Did the same cruise last November/December and it was very nice, especially the overnite in Egypt.

Best of luck, hope you can find a group to join you, it is well worth the trip.

We haven't been to Istanbul or Egypt so this was a good opportunity to fulfill two more of our "wish list" places to visit. We love revisiting the other ports too as there is always something we didn't do the last time we visited.

We may be interested, we were possibly looking at this cruise or the Holy Lands as it also goes to Egypt. I would love more information!
Hope we can make this one reality and you decide to join in.

Julia

We're already booked on it, but to be honest, I've just requested a quote on the Oceania sailing on Oct 31 that to us is a bit more interesting...

Barcelona

Tunisia

Malta

Crete

Alexandria

Port Said

Haifa

Cyprus

Kusadasi

Istanbul

We'll have to see which one we end up doing.

Just got my quote from Oceania...hmmm cough.... we won't be doing that one. Price for cruise and air was the same as Princess with spending, excursions and a week in France added on. So, as of now, we're on this cruise :)

Depending on details and price we may be interested, we are planning a longer cruise next year and i love this itinerary.

I agree, this is a great itinerary. Just enough to give you a good "taste" of some really interesting ports.

Price is always a factor for us too. I did shop around on some websites to see what the ranges were. I think the agency that CC uses should come up with some really great rates as well.

Hopefully we get enough interest to make this a go.:)

Julia

PTC: I sent an email and hopefully you got it.

For anyone else who may have been interested, we are going to wait and see on booking this trip and go with an agency of our choice based on pricing, Customer response, NO cancellation fees before final payment is due and perks that are meaningful.

CC does not bid out this request to any other agency other than the one you see posted on the member cruise listing.

The "Agency" (agency of choice by CC for member cruises)charges a cancellation fee.

I'm sure CC has it reasons for only using the "Agency" but in this economic climate and the charges upon charges cruiselines are adding to the final tab its in the best interest of all CC members to know they are getting the best deal for their hard earned money and getting the perks they truly deserve.

I can't see how (a collective group of people) would be getting this if only 1 agency is allowed to be the booking agent.

Thanks to all who emailed. Time to close this thread and move on.

Julia

Archived