Luggage Tags

cathymct

We just received our tickets and luggage tags for Liberty on May 24th and noticed they have the 'old' cabin numbers on them. We had our cabins changed from aft to forward and our ta said we can get new luggage tags at the port. We were wondering if we could just put a label over the old cabin # and write in the new # so we wouldn't have to stop and fill out new tags. Anyone ever do this?

We just received our tickets and luggage tags for Liberty on May 24th and noticed they have the 'old' cabin numbers on them. We had our cabins changed from aft to forward and our ta said we can get new luggage tags at the port. We were wondering if we could just put a label over the old cabin # and write in the new # so we wouldn't have to stop and fill out new tags. Anyone ever do this?

I'm not so sure I would do that just in case the labels fall off. If you do the online check-in, i.e. "Fun Pass check-in" there is an option there for you to print off your luggage tags See if they are correct on the fun pass check in site. If so you can just print them off, as many as you'd like.

If those fun pass tags have the old cabin # on them I would cover them with labels them use some type of clear laminate sheets to enclose them.

I did that on our last cruise 4 weeks ago. I printed off many, sealed them in the laminate sheets, punched holes in them and use electrical ties to keep them on our luggage.

There was someone a few cabins down from us who never got one of their bags. When they finally located it there was no tag on it. I'm glad I took the extra step to ensure my tags were on there good.

Just use white out and right the new number on them

A NOTE TO ALL IF YOU ARE GOING TO PRINT YOUR OWN TAGS OUT USE HEAVY PAPER OR LANMINATE THEM AFTER YOU PRINT THEY RIP EASY

And print out an extra page for each bag, and put these in the outside pockets.

I went to a lot of trouble to laminate tags for our last cruise and one still disappeared. We still got our bag without delays (and yes, I did tip the porter enough, so don't think that's where the tag went!!!)

The tags are color coded by where the room is on the ship. I would wait until I got there to replace them. I am always worried my luggage will end up somewhere it shouldnt.

Have a great cruise. We will be on the Liberty in October and cant wait. Let me know how it was.

Love to cruise,

Dawn:)

Why don't you just go to www.carnival.com and click on 'my documents' and print yourself some new tags with the new cabin number on them they should be correct on there now.

That's exactely what we did and how we did it. I think I had about 10 extra tags with me for our luggage. I also had two on each one.

I waited until we were ready to board the shuttle from the hotel in PC then put them on with electrical/cable ties.

For the little bit of time it took me to prepare them, it would've saved me a lot of hassle if it didn't make it to the room.

Like I said earlier....I did have one piece that lost its' tag but with the second on there it made it to the cabin safely.

Thanks for all the advice. I think we'll get the tags when we get to the pier because I noticed the bar code shows the old cabin #. Also, when I checked Carnival's website for the new tags, the color is different than the ones we have. It will only take a few extra minutes to fill them out, it's just that we'll be so ready to get on board once we get there...nothing strange about that!!!

I think you can printouot easily from carnival.com if you have seen it. I did that at the last day so if any changes made would be taken care. If you last min, you might be little pressured standing in the line doing all this stuff. You have to go checkin, get the tag and send off the luggage which might not work well..

Okay, I have a dumb question: Are we supposed to put our Carnival tags on prior to flying, or should we wait until after we have secured our luggage from the baggage claim carousel?

Sounds to me like many of you put them on before you leave home. My concern (esp with cheap paper tags I printed myself) is that they'll rip off easily on the plane, or add to the risk that my luggage will be lost by the airline (the airlines really don't need any help with this - they lose luggage just fine on their own).

Any thoughts? Am I just stupid for thinking this?

PS - Cathy, we're on the same cruise. Have you posted to the Roll Call board yet?

We are leaving on May 26th and still have not gotten our docs yet. I do not want to print out my own tags because I do not have a way to laminate them and I don't think I should have to go out and buy packing tape to cover them so they're not so flimsy. What do other people do?? I also do not want to wait and get them at the pier because there are 8 of us including small children and I don't want it to turn into a big hassle standing there filling out tags for all our stuff.

Hoping each day they will be in my mailbox. Yes, I requested paper docs.

Okay, I have a dumb question: Are we supposed to put our Carnival tags on prior to flying, or should we wait until after we have secured our luggage from the baggage claim carousel?

Sounds to me like many of you put them on before you leave home. My concern (esp with cheap paper tags I printed myself) is that they'll rip off easily on the plane, or add to the risk that my luggage will be lost by the airline (the airlines really don't need any help with this - they lose luggage just fine on their own).

Any thoughts? Am I just stupid for thinking this?

PS - Cathy, we're on the same cruise. Have you posted to the Roll Call board yet?

I put mine on before heading to the cruise terminal. I had a small pocket stapler and put the carnival tags on before giving them to the porter. It was easy. There were no problems and the tags still looked brand new when the luggage arrived in my cabin. If someone is super paranoid, I would suggest using two tags on each piece of luggage.

I'd wait until afterwards; but then, I'm flying in the day before, so I have time to do that. I'm afraid the airlines might grab the barcode from the Carnival luggage tag instead of their own and send it to Timbuktu or such.

Archived