Freedom Aft 8710 Question, HELP PLEASE!

HELP!

I booked this cabin last week on board Mariner and now it looks like it has a 1/2 door with a window above it rather than a full glass door. I'm not sure I'm going to like this. :mad:

Has anyone stayed in this cabin? I went to Bonnie's website, but have conflicting information/photos. One photo looks like the door is full glass, but others show 1/2 door with window.

I am afraid I may want to change this cabin. Any info regarding this cabin. PROS/CONS would be greatly appreciated!

I had this cabin booked for my June 22 cruise but RCCL made me change because I did not have 3 people booked. It has a pullman bed.

I changed to 9404, corner aft on the other side from 8710. I was, too, concerned obout the door/view. As far as from the balcony, I would much prefer a corner aft as the view is not obstructed from the superstructure like the middle aft cabins. I think RCCL is calling it obstructed because of the single door. Granted my cabin has a porthole... I cannot understand why deck 8 does not.

Attached is a picture of the right aft... granted 8710 is on the left, but the view/setup is the same. Deck 10 is the top row of balconies... Deck 9 corner aft (9404) shows hte single door and porthole. Then, below on deck 8 corner aft just has a door. BUT... from the balcony, it is a clear shot looking out... no superstructure to look thru.

From my standpoint, would I take 8710... sure... I had it but RCCL changed it. I would prefer to have a sliding glass door, but when on the balcony I would much rather have an un-obstructed view v. one thru hte ships superstructure. You feel closer to the water.

Hope that helps... just my 2 cents.

973153887_Freedom9404.jpg.6df7e5aaaf90e4846682bbf06b81ad16.jpg

That would be great! I'd love photos.

I just booked it last week, and the future cruise consultant was a newbie - assistant, actually. I think I'd be ok with it if it had the large window on the side of the cabin, but it doesn't. I hate to pay for that category cabin and not have the ability to see the ocean from the cabin without standing up an looking out the window in the door.

What made you decide to book this particular cabin?

That would be great! I'd love photos.

I just booked it last week, and the future cruise consultant was a newbie - assistant, actually. I think I'd be ok with it if it had the large window on the side of the cabin, but it doesn't. I hate to pay for that category cabin and not have the ability to see the ocean from the cabin without standing up an looking out the window in the door.

What made you decide to book this particular cabin?

a) You really never have any extra windows in balcony cabins on JS and below. You technically always have to stand up to look out the sliding glass door to see the ocean.

b) It was a little awkward the way I got to this cabin. I had to switch a cruise from the AOS (9-21-08) to something else. The Sept 7 cruise was really the only acceptable alternative. I am usually a 'hump guy'. My CVP at RCI knows my preferences and he also knows that I am not too fond of the Voyager Class aft balconies. I send him an e-mail to find me the best available (location wise) cabin. So he booked me in 8710. He told me that he is aware of my feelings towards stern balconies on the Voyager Class (Freedom Class is just a bigger version of the Voyager Class) but I should give it a shot and I probably will like it.

I did some research on that cabin. The obstruction is listed because of the one pole going down on the superstructure (see cuizer2's first pic). They have to list it as obstruction because it technically is in view. But it hardly is a problem. The other downfall over other cabins is of course the door instead of a sliding glass door. But to be honest I don't care what kind of door I have to through to get onto the balcony. I assume that lighting coming in from the outside is slightly less than a regular balcony cabin yet more than an ocean view.

After talking to people who stayed in that cabin and people who stayed in 8690 (Voyager Class equivalent of 8710 on Freedom) on the Navigator I decided to give it a shot.

The most important part, a clear view to the ocean, is given. No superstructure in the way. The balconies at the corners (deck 8, 9, 10) seem slightly smaller than their counter parts but you have no obstruction like the cabins towards the middle of the stern.

I use it as a test to see if I would like the stern on a Voyager Class or Freedom Class vessel.

If your signature is correct you still have over a year until your cruise on the Freedom. I would just wait until I get back on 9-14 with pictures and a report. I do know that behind me is a wait list for that cabin. So I do assume that there are 8710 lovers.

;)

• 3 months later...

Hi,

This is the same with me. Presently, Im booked in this cabin for the Dec. sailing of the IOS. I you dont mind taking pics, I'd love looking at them.

My concern is the door and the balcony look small.

Thank you so much!

Mary

Hi,

This is the same with me. Presently, Im booked in this cabin for the Dec. sailing of the IOS. I you dont mind taking pics, I'd love looking at them.

My concern is the door and the balcony look small.

Thank you so much!

Mary

Patience Mary.

I am in 8710 from Sunday on.

When I get back 9-14 I post pics and give you a review.

:D

FlL/64

Thank you! Do you have any updates on the weather? Just wondering. Our countdown clock is ticking at 95 more days.

Looking forward to hearing about your cruise. Did you mention what ship you will be on?

Are any of the islands you've been scheduled to visit suffered any loss from the hurricane?

Mary

FlL/64

Thank you! Do you have any updates on the weather? Just wondering. Our countdown clock is ticking at 95 more days.

Looking forward to hearing about your cruise. Did you mention what ship you will be on?

Are any of the islands you've been scheduled to visit suffered any loss from the hurricane?

Mary

Freedom. 8710 should be pretty much the same as on the Indy.

;)

:confused: Can't wait to hear about the cabin. Thanks for responding.

I give an extensive Freedom review including cabin 8710 tomorrow. I will also upload pictures of the balcony. A link to the review and pictures will be posted here as well. I will just say this much for now: totally cool balcony.

HELP!

I booked this cabin last week on board Mariner and now it looks like it has a 1/2 door with a window above it rather than a full glass door. I'm not sure I'm going to like this. :mad:

Has anyone stayed in this cabin? I went to Bonnie's website, but have conflicting information/photos. One photo looks like the door is full glass, but others show 1/2 door with window.

I am afraid I may want to change this cabin. Any info regarding this cabin. PROS/CONS would be greatly appreciated!

What is "Bonnie's Website"??? I have no clue and it sounds cool to see pics of cabins. Is this a newbie question? If so...sorry!

janet

• 6 months later...
HELP!

Not sure if you still are in 8710 on Freedom but I just returned yesterday from that exact cabin - it is wonderful - I will post pictures this week - it is one door with 1/2 a window in the door...

Tina

We had this cabin on the Freedom last month and I really didn't like the door. It's just different than the sliding patio door. It didn't seem like there was as much light in the room and if I had to choose again I would not pick it. Having said all this, I would sooner be on the aft then not there at all. It just wouldn't be my choice again.

Archived