Valor Upgrade 1A to 6B

BettyPC

I looked at my Mom's reservation today for Valor She booked a 1A single guarantee. Today cabin number 7206 - cat. 6B showed up!

Way in the front of the ship. Has anyone stayed in that type of room? I hope we have calm seas!

I looked it up and it is a handicapped cabin and it will have a obstructed view.

Still sounds like an awesome upgrade to me. Nice high deck, empress deck, she will be looking at a wall, but can walk out to the deck in front of her cabin I hear, and is closer to the buffet.

I hope I do as well with my 1A guarantee.

We were in Valor cabin 7202 last year and loved it. We could easily walk through those "secret doors" right next to our room onto a very quiet and private deck at the front of the ship -- we felt like we had a huge balcony. And every once in awhile, we'd look up and wave at the captain on the bridge above us. It's a neat place to be!

I looked at my Mom's reservation today for Valor She booked a 1A single guarantee. Today cabin number 7206 - cat. 6B showed up!

First of all, thanks for telling us what kind of upgrade she got. What a nice surprise! As far as the front of the ship, I've never been there but friends who have said they absolutely loved it because they didn't have the noisy neighbors yelling down the halls. Looks like that cabin is a bigger one on the deck plan. You'll have to let us know. ;)

Serene or someone posted about these HC cabins, I think the beds might not push together, they are fixed in place and you wouldnt have the step up into the bathroom or the lip on the shower since its a HC equipped cabin. Good and bad. The good is the extra space being an oversized HC cabin. Im not sure I would be as thrilled had I actually paid for a OV cabin to get this obstructed view cabin, but from a 1A, yea sure, bring it on.

Serene or someone posted about these HC cabins, I think the beds might not push together, they are fixed in place and you wouldnt have the step up into the bathroom or the lip on the shower since its a HC equipped cabin. Good and bad. The good is the extra space being an oversized HC cabin. Im not sure I would be as thrilled had I actually paid for a OV cabin to get this obstructed view cabin, but from a 1A, yea sure, bring it on.

You're right about the beds - they are twins that can't be pushed together. But seeing as how it was a 1A gty booking with a twin bed anyway, I'm with you, bring it on! I'd be perfectly happy in there on my 1A gty booking.

Archived