Pompeii with Amalfi or Sorrento??

POMPEII AND AMALFI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorrento is pretty much just a large city. We caught the ferry from there back to Naples after a private tour of Pompeii, Ravello, Amalfi, Positano and Sorrento. Each village is unique.

But Pompeii - well you'll see. You will feel like you have stepped thru a window into another time. And the Amalfi coast is incredible.

This was perhaps my favorite day (there were many really really good ones too).

My family and I did Pompeii and Amalfi and it was a great tour, HOWEVER... almost all of us were car sick by the time our tour was ending, be prepared. I wish we could have spent more time in some of the cities along the drive.

POMPEII AND AMALFI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorrento is pretty much just a large city. We caught the ferry from there back to Naples after a private tour of Pompeii, Ravello, Amalfi, Positano and Sorrento. Each village is unique.

But Pompeii - well you'll see. You will feel like you have stepped thru a window into another time. And the Amalfi coast is incredible.

This was perhaps my favorite day (there were many really really good one

It`s hard o choose but I think to really enjoy either you only do one .To me Amalfi, Positano and best of all Ravello :D

I agree with the above. Amalfi town with its beautiful church, then a windy bus tour to Pompeii (must see once in a life time) and then to Sorrento where the ship is waiting for you. At least that was the unusual cruise we took.

While we were in Pompeii, the ship lifted anchor and moved to Sorrento. So we saw both places in one day.

Like others mentioned, Sorrento is a nice shopping area. The view down the cliffs to see the rocky beach with numerous changing huts and buildings was certainly 'interesting';but I don't think a full day there would be my choice.

Archived