Theme Nights

bigpete47uk

Morning All,

Eagerly anticipating first cruise on Ventura in August.

I have been lurking on a few forums and keep reading mention of theme nights on board ship. So let me get this straight, not only do I have to assemble the largest collection of 4xl Shirts and Suits ever seen in one place :D , I also have to pack a seperate suitcase full of fancy dress costumes. Seriously, what type of theme nights can I expect and how out of place will I look if I haven't got any suitable gear.

Thanks for your time,

Pete.

Usually the only two theme nights that people dress up for are the Black and White night which is a Formal evening so men in DJs and the ladies usually wear a combination of black and white - some will wear a black dress with white flower or wrap for example.

The other night is the Tropical Night - or it might now be called the Fiesta - which is a smart casual night when the men wear tropical shirts - louder the better - and women wear something brightly coloured. You usually get leis (?) those flowered long garlands on your table for you to wear.

Very few people bother with the Western night or any other that might be mentioned. There's sometimes a British Night but I don't recollect anyone wearing anything particularly British. It sometimes co-incides with a Sailaway on deck where you have Union Jacks.

Hope this helps.

Annie:)

I have also been confused about these themed nights and the relative dress codes. It would be helpful if pando gave details in their brochure. They give info on formal, semi formal and smart casual but do not mention themes, this came as a surprise to us. If we have clothes to meet the theme okay, but I've now decided not to worry too much about it.

Morning All,

I have been lurking on a few forums and keep reading mention of theme nights on board ship. So let me get this straight, not only do I have to assemble the largest collection of 4xl Shirts and Suits ever seen in one place :D , I also have to pack a seperate suitcase full of fancy dress costumes. Seriously, what type of theme nights can I expect and how out of place will I look if I haven't got any suitable gear.

Thanks for your time,

Pete.

Hi Bigpete,i have just recieved my tickets for ventura, on them it says

"you can also get inolved in our fun theme nights.We expect the following theme nights to take place during your holiday: pirates deck party,la vida loca salsa dance night,black and white and 80's and 90's pop night...............ahh so another few hundred suitcases then!!

Have to say that with all my dresses and 2 girls dresses and hubbys zillion suits that we dont take part!......we are not the only ones. i have not heard of the pirate thing before!

Lou

i have not heard of the pirate thing before!

Lou

The Pirate night is new for Ventura. That is the night where they have the new Pirate themed deck show at the Laguna Pool, called Plunder. From the photos I've seen it looks like a lot of fun. And they were selling some pirate gear (eye patches, pastic swords etc) in the on board shops from what I hear :)

Eddie

Morning All,

Thanks for your time,

Pete.

Hi Pete

I am also going on my first cruise (Ventura in Sept) and was dismayed to read about the "themed nights". While I am quite looking forward to dressing up in my "posh frocks", I most certainly do not intend dressing as a pirate for anyone!! Well - maybe - if Johnny Depp asked me nicely!!:D

Seriously though, I am fairly sure that most adults would agree with us and not want to look like complete idiots. I think you will find that a lot of people will just wear the smart casual look.

I am buying so many clothes - I may have to get new wardrobes!

Which cruise are you doing? We are on the Med Legacies cruise in Sept.

Can't wait!

Regards

Bella.

Hi Bella,

I think we may be getting off as you are getting on.

We are back to back cruising, 17th Aug Med and 31st Aug Canaries.

Will try not to leave too much mess :-)

Pete.

P.S. Pirate Pete does have a certain ring to it............

The Pirate night is new for Ventura. That is the night where they have the new Pirate themed deck show at the Laguna Pool, called Plunder. From the photos I've seen it looks like a lot of fun. And they were selling some pirate gear (eye patches, pastic swords etc) in the on board shops from what I hear :)

Eddie

Oh good my wooden leg should fit in nicely then me hearty!!

• 2 weeks later...

The Photos I have seen of the Pirates theme night look very good and it would seem a number of people do get involved. A very large Skull and other items are set up by one of the pools and the entertainment staff put on a show. I also understand they sell various items such as eye patches etc,etc, in the shops on board.

I think the main theme nights that people dress for are Black & White nights and Tropical nights. I suppose how much you dress for these theme nights, depends on how much you like to enter into the spirit of night.

Happy Sailing

Hi Bella,

I think we may be getting off as you are getting on.

We are back to back cruising, 17th Aug Med and 31st Aug Canaries.

Will try not to leave too much mess :-)

Pete.

P.S. Pirate Pete does have a certain ring to it............

Hello Pete, We too will be on Ventura at the end of August. You will be a seasoned traveller by then. I'm sure you will have lots of tips for us all when and if we have a get together for cc and cn.

Kitchie

Hi Bigpete, just got back from the 9th May Ventura cruise and the Pirate evening was very good but the weather could have been better. You'd be amazed at how many older blokes bought an eye patch from the shop and the kids made costumes in their clubs. The show was also very entertaining.

We too were surprised when we saw theme evenings mentioned in the P&O documents and thought we'd be the only ones not dressing up but on the night only a few people did, I suppose it's there if you want it.

For info from memory B&W was on a formal, Pirate was on a smart cas, 80's/90's was on a semi and tropical on a smart cas.

Archived