Cunard Britishness?

thames_side

England is a big country. There is no such thing as a "typical English pub". It would depend on the interests of the customers who frequent that particular pub (sports, loud rock music, playing pool, pub quizzes, arguing about politics, etc.)

Grits??? Did someone say grits???? This Southern gal has to respond. Like you, I don't really remember grits on the QM2 but perhaps I just overlooked them. Oh and the traditional gravy would be "red eye gravy". Now we Southerners like salt and butter on our grits but most of us would decline sugar.

To the OP, thanks for starting an interesting thread. We, too, enjoy the British feel of the Cunard ships.

Beth

I beg to differ - on the final evening of our crossing in May 07, they offered shrimp and grits as an entree (and boy were they good!). So I ordered grits for breakfast the following morning and voila! We've already told our TA to let them know we'll be wanting grits with our breakfast on our cruise in November - our request was made and confirmed so I'll let you know if it comes to fruition. Oh and sugar on grits?? It goes in the same category as ketchup on eggs for me - LOL!

Morrie

Archived