Better Inside Cabins - Galaxy?

TexasGal62

I don't know about cabin sizes, but I do know that many experienced cruisers on my upcoming Galaxy cruise selected Sky Deck cabins, the reason being, I believe, that with mostly suites (plus, I think 4 CC rooms -- we're in one of these), the inside cabins just get included in some of the nicer amenities. I don't htink this is official, but it does make sense from a practicality standpoint, since so much of the (smaller) level has upgraded linens, etc. The penthouse deck may be a good choice for the same reasoning, though I never got confirmation of this.

Oooh, that is nasty! I'm actually looking at the 1146, 1148, 1150, 1159, 1157 cabins that are at the back (under the Oasis Pool). Typically we've always been mid-ship or front, and the last few times on the M-class ships (no rear vibration) so am wondering if these would be much nosier.

Oh..oh.. We booked 5063 on Mercury which is next to 5069.... :eek: and I wonder if this is common problem?

I am not sure how it will affect our experience but with 3 in one room it can be a problem.

Does anybody know if it's possible to call X and find out which cabin has a problem?..maybe it'll be possible for us to change cabins.

TG,

After much research on the Galaxy we choose the Sky Deck(12) for various reasons. Very few rooms on that deck and most are Sky suites, so hopefully a nice quiet area-no through traffic. Even though we have no verandah, we are steps away from a really big verandah. As they say in real estate, location, location, location.

Rich

Most definitely the sky deck for inside cabins. We stayed in 1219 in September 2003 and loved it. Hardly ever ran into anyone in the halls. Room seemed to be plenty spacious for the two of us. Even got lots of exercise always using the stairways (never took an elevator on our entire 10 day cruise).

Archived