Two cabins -- worried about linked dinner reservations

bulldog82

My family of five is split into two groups -- my wife and I in a balcony, and our three kids (19/21/23) in an inside cabin (same deck, different side of ship).

At reservation, we were told that we technically couldn't put the three kids in their own cabin, since none of them were at least 25, so we had to 'assign' my wife to one cabin and me to the other. Was told there would be no problem when we board. However, I am worried it will be a problem getting the sign-and-sail cards aligned with the right cabin. Has anyone dealt with this before?

Also, we were told our dining reservations would be "linked." However, just read a Conquest review where a party of 8 had linked reservations and upon boarding the ship were at separate tables, and Carnival was not able to put them together for the length of the cruise. I would be extremely dissapointed if they split up my family in this way.

Anyone have advice in these areas?

Thanks to a great board.

They will give you the proper sign and sail cards when you check in. Our first cruise our kids were across the hall and had their own keys and own cards. That was before the SS card was the room key though.

As far as dinner, your TA should be able to send you something showing the reservations are linked. On our last cruise we sailed with 20 people and one family was not assigned to our two tables of 8, on the first day I went to the maitre de and the only thing he could do was squeeze them in with us, so we had two tables of 10, one table for the kids and one for the adults and it worked out fine. But I wud definately ask your travel agent to show you that they are linked together. Our TA sent us an email and it had all our reservation #s in a block together.

Call Carnival and make sure they link both booking numbers...This will ensure you all sit together at dinner. 5 at one table will not be a problem. You can get seperate key cards for cabins when you board at pursers desk and then switch around everyone into the correct cabin.

As for SS Card...The easiset would be for you to put all charging for all passengers on your credit card and then if your children will be rsponsible for thier own charges... they pay you back. It's very easy to determine who charged what as there is a seperate portfolio number for each passenger and you can breakout expenses by passenger.

I agree with Cathy. We have never had issues and have had up to 8 cabins linked. My first stop (AFTER my first DOD of course!) is to the Maitre'd to check our table assignments. On the Glory last year they honored our request and were able to put us at one large table for 12 instead of the table for 8 and one for 4 that they had assinged us. Just be sure to go early; they generally will only be there until 1/2 hour before sailaway.

Thanks for the posts.

I was thinking the sign-and-sail card doubled as the cabin door key as well. Is this the case, or are they two separate cards? If they're separate, I'm not worried. If there is only one card that doubles for both, I hope I don't have an issue wanting a room key to a cabin I am not assigned for. I can't just "switch" with one of the kids, because their name would be on the SS card.

Normally it does double however since your moving passengers around...When you get the other cabin key cards...those will be specifically for cabin access....Meaning the passengers you move to different cabins will need to carry 2 cards. The original for SS purchase and the new card for cabin access

Just called Carnival, and they confirmed that our cabins are "linked."

Also said I could straighten out any SS/room key issues at the Pursur's desk after boarding -- this is a common situation.

Thanks for the posts!

Archived