Grand Cayman or Cozumel?

cmar143

For sure, 100% Grand Cayman.....

We love it. People are great, you can easily rent a car (or as we prefer, a jeep) to explore the island, good variety of things to do, and it's safe.

GC just a bit more expensive than Cozumel, and not as friendly, IMO. Both places are very safe though..

Agreed about GC being expensive and safe. Sorta depends on what you're looking for in a trip and what you'd want to do. Having recently been to both I'd say GC in a heartbeat, nicer beaches, just cleaner in general. Coz beaches were more rocky and coarse, but still mostly nice. GC has more white sandy beach. Both have great shopping and snorkeling. In GC you MUST hit 7 mile beach if you're a beach goer and Rum Point is very nice too, but kinda far unless you get a stop there included in a tour like what Nativeways offers in their Rays Reef and Rum Point tour http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/ Sting Ray City is a must also, if you are a water person.

If you decided on Coz then you might want to visit Chankanaab Park.

Whatever you decide to do you will have a great time. Enjoy!

Went to both GC and Coz this winter. Liked GC, but loved Cozumel. We rented a car in both places. We went to Punta Sur in Coz and just fell in love. The beaches are outstanding on the southern and eastern ends of the island. GC has many more people and less to do on land - we explored the island all the way around to Rum Point and found a totally private beach. (If you are a diver etc - GC is a great dive location.

I would go back to Cozumel any day, but have seen and done enough in GC that I do not need to go back - JMHO. It all depends on what you want to do, see, experience.

DH and I went to both Grand Cayman and Cozumel on our honeymoon cruise 11 years ago. Liked Cayman so much that we went back for a number of land visits, and we eventually convinced DH's father to buy property there so we could visit more often. On the flip side, we haven't been back to Cozumel...thought it was over-rated and a bit rundown for my tastes. Your mileage may vary, though...

We went to both last month on the Conquest. DH and I both fell in love with Grand Cayman. The water was a beautiful blue turquois, like nothing I had ever seen before. The shops were a little bit more expensive than Cozumel, but the views are just breathtaking.

I wish I could go back!

Archived