Fuel Surcharge refund screwup....

Cruzfan34

Get this...

My friend, who we cruised with on our last cruise, called me last night to tell me that they had gotten a credit on their credit card for the fuel surcharge on our last cruise....it was a full refund for two people...$70.

So...I went online to check my statement and there was a $35 credit..only half.

I called Carnival today and asked about it. They told me that half of the refund was credited to one credit card (the one I used to pay this last cruise) and the other half was credited to my other credit card that had been used in the past to pay for a cruise. The second credit card account has been closed for SIX MONTHS!!! There is no way they can credit or charge anything to that card. I called Capital One and they have no record of a credit from Carnival, because that account is no longer accessible.

I called Carnival again and the girl I talked to the second time was completely floored. She had no idea why the refund would have been split like that. So...I think I'm screwed because Capital One is so crooked and dishonest. They will pocket that money and there is no way I can prove that it was credited to that account.

I was told that Capital One should notify Carnival of the mistake, but HA!! That won't happen. You have no idea how much trouble I've had with Capital One...I've completely closed all accounts with them. So I guess we'll just eat the $35.

Has this happened before? Why would they split the refund on two different accounts? I'm completely pissed.

:confused: You paid both supplements with 1 card, right?:confused: If so, I can't understand why they would go to one you used in the past, they are supposed to credit it back to the card used to make the purchase. This is from Carnival's website.........

For cruises departing on or prior to April 4, 2008, guests will receive a refund in the same form they used to purchase their cruise;

- For cruises departing from April 5, 2008 through June 23, 2008, guests will receive an on-board credit;

- For cruises departing on or after June 24, 2008, guests’ bookings will be adjusted to eliminate the fuel supplement.

Notice the in the same form they used to purchase their cruise. I would call back and re-iterate that to them and see what can be done, ask for a supervisor if you need to. Supervisor's line- 1-800-819-3902 extension

:confused: You paid both supplements with 1 card, right?:confused: If so, I can't understand why they would go to one you used in the past, they are supposed to credit it back to the card used to make the purchase. This is from Carnival's website.........

For cruises departing on or prior to April 4, 2008, guests will receive a refund in the same form they used to purchase their cruise;

- For cruises departing from April 5, 2008 through June 23, 2008, guests will receive an on-board credit;

- For cruises departing on or after June 24, 2008, guests’ bookings will be adjusted to eliminate the fuel supplement.

Notice the in the same form they used to purchase their cruise. I would call back and re-iterate that to them and see what can be done, ask for a supervisor if you need to. Supervisor's line- 1-800-819-3902 extension

Thanks for the phone number. I'm calling right now, if they're still working. I might have to wait 'til tomorrow.

Yes, I used the same credit card to pay for both surcharges. Our cruise was already paid for, so they just tacked the charge onto the card again. The other people we cruised with had no problem getting their money back...it's just my luck. Now I have to stay on the phone trying to get this straightened out.

Capital One is #Uno on my **** list. They opened a business account in my name on the request of the guy I was working for. Problem is he took the cards and never told me he requested to open the account and went to ATMs and took out $1200 cash.

So finally his g/f wants a extra card and someone in fraud called me to ask me if this was ok, I said NO, I have no knowledge of this account, the cards have never been in my possions. Close the account NOW. dummies. They cant close the account right away because there is a balance and he got his g/f to call in saying she was me and now its ok, I now have the cards.

Took me 3 years of being hounded by collection agencies when Capital One sold the bad debt three times. I also have a letter from them saying it wouldnt go on my credit .... ooops it did and I cant get it off my credit nor the crooks home address he used on the application.

I will never do any business with Capital One they are so messed up.

Capital One is #Uno on my **** list. They opened a business account in my name on the request of the guy I was working for. Problem is he took the cards and never told me he requested to open the account and went to ATMs and took out $1200 cash.

So finally his g/f wants a extra card and someone in fraud called me to ask me if this was ok, I said NO, I have no knowledge of this account, the cards have never been in my possions. Close the account NOW. dummies. They cant close the account right away because there is a balance and he got his g/f to call in saying she was me and now its ok, I now have the cards.

Took me 3 years of being hounded by collection agencies when Capital One sold the bad debt three times. I also have a letter from them saying it wouldnt go on my credit .... ooops it did and I cant get it off my credit nor the crooks home address he used on the application.

Sue them. What they did is illegal. File a lawsuit against them and it will get their attenion quickly, or at least their attorneys anyway.

I called and talked to a supervisor.

The only thing I can do is wait for Capital One to send me a check for the credit. I really don't think that is going to happen, and even if it does, it will take forever. I have to call my TA tomorrow to see what she can do.

Oh, well. I guess this will be yet another long, drawn-out process in my life. :rolleyes:

They redeposited a copy of a check my husband had used to pay them two months later :eek: We were researching a discrepancy and noticed the check ### used twice , asked the bank and they said they sent thru a copy of the original they do it all the time! Scary huh... I would not have believed it had I not gone to the bank with my husband and heard it with my own 2 ears .

Get this...

My friend, who we cruised with on our last cruise, called me last night to tell me that they had gotten a credit on their credit card for the fuel surcharge on our last cruise....it was a full refund for two people...$70.

So...I went online to check my statement and there was a $35 credit..only half.

I called Carnival today and asked about it. They told me that half of the refund was credited to one credit card (the one I used to pay this last cruise) and the other half was credited to my other credit card that had been used in the past to pay for a cruise. The second credit card account has been closed for SIX MONTHS!!! There is no way they can credit or charge anything to that card. I called Capital One and they have no record of a credit from Carnival, because that account is no longer accessible.

I called Carnival again and the girl I talked to the second time was completely floored. She had no idea why the refund would have been split like that. So...I think I'm screwed because Capital One is so crooked and dishonest. They will pocket that money and there is no way I can prove that it was credited to that account.

I was told that Capital One should notify Carnival of the mistake, but HA!! That won't happen. You have no idea how much trouble I've had with Capital One...I've completely closed all accounts with them. So I guess we'll just eat the $35.

Has this happened before? Why would they split the refund on two different accounts? I'm completely pissed.

I work in an office where we receive credit card payments all the time. Capital One is in the wrong. We have to credit the card that was charged. It goes into a database that the banks access and they are the ones that figure out which account it goes to. They have to do this because card numbers change all the time, especially if they are compromised.

Call Carnival and see if they can fax or email you a receipt for both of the refunds. Then fax them to Capital One. Capital One has what they call a "credit" base and unless they clear that up, I am sure they could be in alot of trouble.

Eventually, Capital may have to send the money back to Carnival because they can't match the credit to a card. Hard telling how long that will take.

Have had a few friends that worked for them - they're really dirty and crooked with their employees, too. There are many good banks out there (I happen to work for one) but there are plenty of others that are good and honest. Capital One isn't one of them.

Archived