Help! Fascination or Destiny?????

KatANDKel

Looking for feedback! My sister and our friends are planning a 5 night cruise for next April/May and we're down to two options...

Fascination- Nassau/Half Moon Cay

or

Destiny- Nassau/Half Moon Cay/Grand Turk

Any insight into the ships, itineraries etc. is greatly appreciated! There's about a $100 difference between the two...is Destiny and the extra port worth the money? :confused: Either way I'm sure we'll have a great trip, but it's always great to hear from those who have done these trips before!

Thanks!

Yes, I am looking to book this trip for my family, since daughter is a senior and it will be an important family trip.

I have been reading about Nassau, Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay and they are looking good!!!

We will get Miami on Saturday so my daughter and husband can see some pro tennis finals in the Sony Ericsson Classic and then set sail on Monday on the Destiny!

We are looking at Atlantis and the Reef and Rays excursions!

:D

We have sailed the Fascination and loved the ship. It is older and the only balconies are the suites. We did a 4-day on the Fascination and did spend the extra $ for the suite. The balcony is narrower than the newer ships but the upgrades to the Fascination are really nice.

We have not sailed the Destiny but looking into it for next March. The prices appear to be really good and you can get a balcony cabin at a great price.

I would go by itinerary first, then pricing and then take into account the fact that you can get a balcony cabin on the Destiny without paying premium prices. If you are going with an inside and know many people do, that won't be an issue.

Good luck!

If you have never cruised before, go on the Fascination. Yes, it is an older ship, and smaller...But it will still seem HUGE when you first see her, and it will take some time to learn your way around. You will also have two sea days to enjoy what the ship has to offer. The Destiny is approx. 40% larger, and would be great to move up to on another cruise. I have not sailed on either ship, although I have sailed two other Fantasy class ships, and they are my favorite size. EM

I've been on the Destiny twice (last time just a month ago) and have been on three Fanasty class ships (with the Fascination booked next).

I would choose the Destiny and get a balcony room. The ship, balcony and the stop in Grand Turk would be the reason to choose. I would love to go on this cruise. We're going on th Fascination just as a quick get away within a day's drive otherwise, we'd go on the Destiny.

Looking for feedback! My sister and our friends are planning a 5 night cruise for next April/May and we're down to two options...

Fascination- Nassau/Half Moon Cay

or

Destiny- Nassau/Half Moon Cay/Grand Turk

Any insight into the ships, itineraries etc. is greatly appreciated! There's about a $100 difference between the two...is Destiny and the extra port worth the money? :confused: Either way I'm sure we'll have a great trip, but it's always great to hear from those who have done these trips before!

Thanks!

In addition to the $100 difference between the costs of the two ships, for us, Jacksonville is closer, much easier, and less expensive to cruise from than Miami. That may not be the case for you, but don't forget to consider that factor as well.

Super, good info. I'm going on the Destiny Oct. 16, so great to hear it'll be freshly redone.

As for the Destiny or the Fascination, I would go for more ports. I think Grand Turk would be a nice stop. I was on the Fascination in April and really liked it. It was clean, good food, and great service. But I would definitely go for the extra stop.

My last two cruises were on the Destiny (11/06) and Fascination (1/08). I personally prefer the smaller ship and would like to sail the Fascination again, but the extra port would sway me toward the Destiny. Although I do love sea days, it feels like you get more for your vacation with 3 stops vs 2 on a cruise. Good luck, and know you will have a wonderful vacation either way!

Marcia

we just got off the Facination yesturday! Great cruise........not impressed with the ship even after it's upgrades we have sailed her 2 other times as well because of the itinery and good price at the time, . I would go with the Destiny.;) The inspiration out of Tampa is GREAT have you looked into that?

We went on a cruise to Nassau, Half Moon Cay, and Grand Turk a couple of years ago, it was our favorite. We were on the Elation. I loved all three ports, especially Half Moon, but my DH like Grand Turk better. Go with the Destiny.

Archived