full list of suite perks

Hi - I know this has probably been asked a thousand times before but could somebody please let me know exactly what perks you get with a suite on royal caribbean. We are thinking of booking an owners suite. We have only previously been with princess and wondered if RCL were as good if not better.

Many thanks

Christine

Hi - I know this has probably been asked a thousand times before but could somebody please let me know exactly what perks you get with a suite on royal caribbean. We are thinking of booking an owners suite. We have only previously been with princess and wondered if RCL were as good if not better.

Many thanks

Christine

I asked this very same question just the other week, I wanted a comperehnsive list of RCCL suite perks - and the answer I got, basically is ''there isnt one''

It seems like suite perks are very hit and miss on RCCL, everyone is in agreement that you will get priority boarding and disembarkation, use of consierge and lounge (GS and up) and Ice show tickets.

Some people get fruit/flowers/wine/canapes and others do not. The consierege contacts some people before sailing, others he does not. It is very inconsistent and in my honest opinion quite a poor show from RCCL.

I am also planning on booking a suite on NCL in the future and they clearly state what perks you get for those extra $$$ your spending, something I wish RCCL would emulate.

I realise that the main purpose of a suite is all about the extra space, but it should also be about those little extra's and making guests feel pampered, something RCCL is seriously lacking in the suite stakes at this point in time. :(

We just returned from a b2b on Splendour and were in a GS cabin. Before we left, I emailed C&A and asked about the amenities and this is the response that I got. I have highlighted in red what we actually did receive.

I have no idea why they listed "personalized attention from Chief Housekeeper or Guest Services Manager". I guess they were there if we needed them.

I was in contact with the Concierge before we sailed, but I contacted her first.

We did not need expedited luggage tags because we were doing a post cruise hotel.

Upon Arrival: Complimentary water/fruit plate

Complimentary slippers

In-suite coffee/tea service (this is a french press coffee maker)

Pillow menu

Priority salon appointments, if needed

Priority tender tickets, if applicable

Suite Attendant services

Personalized invitations to the Art Auctions,

Priority shore excursions, if needed

First Formal Night: Cheese plate with crackers prior to dinner

Personalized attention from Chief Housekeeper

Personalized attention from Guest Services Manager

Second Formal Night/: Plate of petit fours at turndown

Last Evening Expedited departure with Early Debark tags

Personalized attention from Hotel Director

Use off the Concierge Lounge

We just returned from a b2b on Splendour and were in a GS cabin. Before we left, I emailed C&A and asked about the amenities and this is the response that I got. I have highlighted in red what we actually did receive.

I have no idea why they listed "personalized attention from Chief Housekeeper or Guest Services Manager". I guess they were there if we needed them.

I was in contact with the Concierge before we sailed, but I contacted her first.

We did not need expedited luggage tags because we were doing a post cruise hotel.

Complimentary slippers

Pillow menu

Suite Attendant services

Thank you so much for posting that, its very helpful, at least it gives us some idea of what to expect! I hope you had a wonderful cruise :)

Complimentary slippers

Pillow menu

Suite Attendant services

Patti and Jim..........

Did you receive a letter from the Guest Services Manager........giving you his/her number if anything is needed. That is about all of the attention you will get............unless you have a need.......and then they are very responsive..........as it affects the ships ratings. The same thing is true of the Hotel Director.

As far as the chief housekeeper........he should have come around on day one and introduced him/herself, and checked to see if there was anything that you needed that was not normally provided.

I know that the two of you cruise often...........probably more than we do, but that is what normally happens for us.

Rick

Patti and Jim..........

Did you receive a letter from the Guest Services Manager........giving you his/her number if anything is needed. That is about all of the attention you will get............unless you have a need.......and then they are very responsive..........as it affects the ships ratings. The same thing is true of the Hotel Director.

As far as the chief housekeeper........he should have come around on day one and introduced him/herself, and checked to see if there was anything that you needed that was not normally provided.

I know that the two of you cruise often...........probably more than we do, but that is what normally happens for us.

Rick

Oh, so that's the reason that the Chief Housekeeper stopped by............here I thought he was checking up on our cabin steward, who, by the way, was absolutely fabulous!

The Hotel Director did stop by, and of course, it was during the first cruise when we had Norovirus and I actually shook his hand which made him turn a rather pale shade of grey!:o

Yes, we did get a letter from the Guest Relations Manager............however, I have to admit she really didn't have her act together for 29 days.:( We had several situations and she was less than responsive on several occasions.

This was our first ever GS cabin................might never go back to a JS again........but we thoroughly enjoyed it.

We sailed Liberty last week in an owner's suite and I'm officially spoiled ;). We very much enjoyed the concierge service and private lounge. If you need ANYTHING at all, our experience was that it was done for us IMMEDIATELY. I don't think there is a "list" because concierge is there to assist you in any way you need help and that is different for each party. We did have the experience of many "standards" listed by others such as free cocktails in concierge lounge from 5-8ish each night. The 2nd night, the bartender happened to have my favorite wine, and once he found out he had it every night thereafter. Those little things made our visit personalized. There are games and free movie rentals. I had heard coffee was not good on board so I packed my own for our french press. I realized that in concierge the coffee was actually good and the steamed milk made my room coffee excellent. I will take my vanilla creamer only on our next cruise-knowing that concierge has fine coffee. "Juan Diego" took care of all our requested appointments, and Chops reservations before we boarded. Suites receive a pass good for any ice show. We did not have to rush anywhere upon boarding, DH and I got a cocktail and followed the kids around and we all wow'd everything. (6,8 10 yo children) It was so nice to have immediate response from concierge for any question....we had a few and one tiny problem with Adventure Ocean that was quickly resolved with little hassle- thanks to concierge.

I think one of the newest perks and I believe it to be very new b/c concierge said it was on a "trial" period was a Captains Bridge Tour. Our kids REALLY thought all the navigation equipment was cool and we got their picture in the captains chair. Men were impressed by the 8 engines & HP of Liberty, and the women were aw'd by the view.

We also got the fruit, cheese and chocolate trays, slippers/robes like the others mentioned. The bed was memory foam type and we slept VERY well. I very much preferred a true queen, which sure seemed like a King over two twins put together. There was more storage than we ever could have dreamed of using and I packed fairly heavy. Shower/tub/sinks had great water pressure- I'm not sure if that was a suite perk or the workmanship of a new vessel- our last cruise 11 yrs ago on Carnival had poor pressure in a standard stateroom. Initial check in (Miami) was by deck numbers. Deck 9 & 10 where most suites are had a much shorter line- the lines do merge into one though after initial check in for boarding. If you can afford the suite, book it.

Yes, we did get a letter from the Guest Relations Manager............however, I have to admit she really didn't have her act together for 29 days.:( We had several situations and she was less than responsive on several occasions.

I'm sorry your GRM wasn't all that great. It's a shame. The one on the Voyager is amazing and I got all teary saying good bye to him on the last sailing.

Thak you for all your comments. As I have never been on RCCL please could you explain about the Concierge Lounge - What do you get in there - Food, drinks - are some things cheaper or is it a nice place to relax somewhere a little quieter.

Thanks

I must say..we had an Owner's Suite on our Liberty cruise last year and the list of what we DIDN'T get is much longer than the list of what we did get.

No french press in the room

No pillow menu

No fruit and water (some people get wine) in our room upon arrival

The Chief Housekeeper - did not stop by

We waited about 2 hours (once they started calling colors ) to get off the ship

Our bathroom had an awful smell and it took several visits and finally a phone call from the concierge to fix it.

BUT!! we had a great time and loved the suite - just don't book it for the perks because you might be disappointed. Can be inconsistent at best.

We were on the Liberty in March and we didn't get many things people are listing.

Things we didn't get:

Letter from Guest Relations

Visit from Chief Housekeeper

No pillow menu

No email from Concierge prior to boarding

The only thing I knew about before going was that the Concierge email was hit or miss. He didn't write.

We DID receive excellent service from both our room attendant and the Concierge office. The Concierge printed out our boarding passes for our flight the next day. There was a letter adivising us they do that for you.

The Liberty is a wonderful ship and the Grand Suite is our new favorite room!

Hey Rick, have you been on a ship without a concierge lounge since the new perks went into effect? Are the perks any different (other than the obvious ones)?

Hi Wrona We just got off of the Monarch last Friday, but I don't think that would count, as, like a few others, we know enough of the ships personnel that make us feel totally pampered.

That being said, yes, the Monarch had:

Complimentary slippers

Complimentary robes

Pillow menu

Priority tender tickets, used in Catalina Island

Suite Attendant services, Eric was our attendent in the RS last year, remembered us and took excellect care of us.

Personalized invitations to the Art Auctions, If you care to go!!

Yes, I believe that we had it all!!

Rick

13 days Wrona!!! I'm jealous :p

###

I'm jealous too!!:rolleyes: The only consolation is that we are out of here on June 3rd for the UK and 12 days of exploration of the Cotswold area of England and then up to spend a week in Scotland before boarding the Jewel of the Seas on the 16th. Well.........the 16th is over a month away, but we are still excited.

Speaking of perks, we have already heard from Andrea....the concierge, just before she left for holiday. She will be back aboard the Jewel on the 4th, and so we will miss each other by a day.

Rick

Hi Wrona We just got off of the Monarch last Friday, but I don't think that would count, as, like a few others, we know enough of the ships personnel that make us feel totally pampered.

Thanks Rick (and yes, I do believe they consider you family on the Monarch!!).

I'm jealous too!!:rolleyes: The only consolation is that we are out of here on June 3rd for the UK and 12 days of exploration of the Cotswold area of England and then up to spend a week in Scotland before boarding the Jewel of the Seas on the 16th. Well.........the 16th is over a month away, but we are still excited.

Speaking of perks, we have already heard from Andrea....the concierge, just before she left for holiday. She will be back aboard the Jewel on the 4th, and so we will miss each other by a day.

Rick

Great, now I have two people to be jealous of :D On the Jewel yet, my favorite ship!! :p

###

Archived