Suites that sleep more than 2???

mdeering

When 2.0 was first announced, they stated that suites would have a sleeper sofa. This was on the the NCL list of 2.0 amenities as recent as a couple of months ago. I just checked the list and it is no longer there. Is this not going to happen?

Check with the reservations people at your cruise line. They may have "family suites" which accommodate more persons, some even have 2 bedrooms. We have however, NEVER found these listed on their web sites.

Jerry

When 2.0 was first announced, they stated that suites would have a sleeper sofa. This was on the the NCL list of 2.0 amenities as recent as a couple of months ago. I just checked the list and it is no longer there. Is this not going to happen?

Some confusion:confused: What was published was upgraded sleeper sofas in penthouses. We all assumed they would be added to those suites that did not have them. If you check not many suites ever had sleeper sofas and and they will not be adding them to the suites that did not have them. Only those that had them will get upgraded.

It is all in the words upgrade versus add :(

I beg to differ. The original statement said . " Sofa beds added to siute catagories ". Now there is no mention of it. I too was really looking forward to such a change, since as mentioned there are so few suites that will take 4. Why would they not want to add 2 more to a suite but still cram 4 into an inside . I dont get.

Quote from first statement

" Stateroom Experience:

An upgrade in bedding and sheets, pillows, duvets;

An upgrade in towels and bathrobes;

An upgrade in in-room amenities including coffee maker and expanded TV offerings;

Addition of sofa beds to suite categories.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_122007_Freestyle2.0

On the star my family wanted to get a suite on the aft for Alska but they were only 2 people. The only suites in our price range was AB that could fit 4 but then we would have to give up the aft view which is important for Alaska. So we got the AE aft and my boyfriend and I are staying in a inside across the hall. That has some perks not being in the same room as parents but now we play the akward game of how much can my boyfreind and I do with the parnets, which is the whole point of the the trip. Ie will we be able to eat breakfast togther at Cagenys, gettting tender tickets togther etc.. It would have been much easier just if they had a sleeper sofa in the suite so we know we can do everything togther as a family unit. But hey the aft view will be great :)

I totally agree that the wording looked like they were adding sleeper sofas to suites. As of now (and it looks like the future as well) very few suites sleep more than two. Disappointing to day the least. FWIW, the Sun seems to have more suites that sleep 4 without having the second bedroom. For those who have trouble finding the two bedroom suites, all of the Dawn/Jewel class have ABs, and the courtyard ships have A3s. Perfect for families. But I do wish they would add a sleeper to AA suites - I have found them so far only on the Sun, and the Dawn has a single AA with a pullman or sleeper for one extra guest.

Robin

On the star my family wanted to get a suite on the aft for Alska but they were only 2 people. The only suites in our price range was AB that could fit 4 but then we would have to give up the aft view which is important for Alaska. So we got the AE aft and my boyfriend and I are staying in a inside across the hall. That has some perks not being in the same room as parents but now we play the akward game of how much can my boyfreind and I do with the parnets, which is the whole point of the the trip. Ie will we be able to eat breakfast togther at Cagenys, gettting tender tickets togther etc.. It would have been much easier just if they had a sleeper sofa in the suite so we know we can do everything togther as a family unit. But hey the aft view will be great :)

"If" they had added a sleeper sofa to the AEs it would not have helped you. If you look at the space and the current love seat it would have had to be a single sofa bed.

You should be fine boarding, tendering, and disembarking with your parents. Cagney's may be a different answer.

I totally agree that the wording looked like they were adding sleeper sofas to suites. As of now (and it looks like the future as well) very few suites sleep more than two. Disappointing to day the least. FWIW, the Sun seems to have more suites that sleep 4 without having the second bedroom. For those who have trouble finding the two bedroom suites, all of the Dawn/Jewel class have ABs, and the courtyard ships have A3s. Perfect for families. But I do wish they would add a sleeper to AA suites - I have found them so far only on the Sun, and the Dawn has a single AA with a pullman or sleeper for one extra guest.

Robin

I agree its a pain , as you can see in my signature that is why we keep sailing the SUN . Great AC suites.

My question is whats the harm of having sleeprs in the suites? would'nt having more options sell more cabins ?

I talked to corporate and the woman I spoke to said they were still discussing the sofabed option . Lets hope they make the right choice..

I agree its a pain , as you can see in my signature that is why we keep sailing the SUN . Great AC suites.

My question is whats the harm of having sleeprs in the suites? would'nt having more options sell more cabins ?

I talked to corporate and the woman I spoke to said they were still discussing the sofabed option . Lets hope they make the right choice..

I know they did not add them to the Jade in 2.0 dry dock. The olny potenial harm is doubling the number of penthouse passengers. Cagney's can not support those numbers, VIP Tender becomes it own long line, ETC.

The Sun with sleeper sofas in all the penthouses is great. But keep in mind it has less then half the number of penthouses as the new ships.

I know they did not add them to the Jade in 2.0 dry dock. The olny potenial harm is doubling the number of penthouse passengers. Cagney's can not support those numbers, VIP Tender becomes it own long line, ETC.

The Sun with sleeper sofas in all the penthouses is great. But keep in mind it has less then half the number of penthouses as the new ships.

Yes, there *might* be harm in the additional passengers enjoying penthouse perks, but for the most part, the extra bedding would be used for children (I would think anyway).. On the Pearl, the AA's only sleep 2, so there was always a connected balcony (or AC) for the girls. Then they got to enjoy all of our perks with us anyway. I would like it for the few times we sail with only one of our daughters. I never minded getting them their own cabin, but it kills me to have to pay double rate to get a cabin for one person. There are also the times when our daughter brings her boyfriend, and they all have to share a cabin instead of just bunking him on our sofa bed. I changed my holiday plans over this issue, and will be traveling to Asia instead of an AA on the Jade for 2 weeks in Europe. We would have still purchased two cabins (the AA and the AC) but now would need 3 for the single extra person, and its ridiculous with all that room.

Robin

It is even sillier than that. We tried to book an OS and the connecting PS for part of our family trip for two adults and three children (under the age of ten). They would not do it. They made us book the outside balcony cabin instead.

Yes, there *might* be harm in the additional passengers enjoying penthouse perks, but for the most part, the extra bedding would be used for children (I would think anyway).. On the Pearl, the AA's only sleep 2, so there was always a connected balcony (or AC) for the girls. Then they got to enjoy all of our perks with us anyway. I would like it for the few times we sail with only one of our daughters. I never minded getting them their own cabin, but it kills me to have to pay double rate to get a cabin for one person. There are also the times when our daughter brings her boyfriend, and they all have to share a cabin instead of just bunking him on our sofa bed. I changed my holiday plans over this issue, and will be traveling to Asia instead of an AA on the Jade for 2 weeks in Europe. We would have still purchased two cabins (the AA and the AC) but now would need 3 for the single extra person, and its ridiculous with all that room.

Robin

I often cruise with one of my adult sons. There really is no option for the two of us except an AB or A3. AE,AD,AC,AA,A4, A2 all have just one bed and they won't work. Even a single sleeper sofa added to those cabins would be great. Why should I have to book a cabin that holds 5 for the two of us to have our own beds.:confused:

Thank you for all the response. At least I know i wasn't crazy. For me it is the problem of the queen size bed. If there were two beds, or at least some the suites with 2 beds, all would be fine. I know some of the ships have the 2 single beds in the suites, but it would sure be nice if all of them had the option.

Archived