Thank You CJW and Bruin Steve

I would like to thank you both for your advice relating to our trip out west. You began your help in our early planning. We choose to stay at Cal-Mar at your suggestion. It is on a quaint peaceful street. It was quite lovely. The manager wanted to know how we learned about their hotel and we told him of course from Cruise Critic. Their staff was as great as you said.

It was a restful stay after our comedy of errors getting to LA. There had been a freight train derailment on the lines which stopped Amtrak from going all the way to LA. But I will take the train again. It was so scenic going through the mountains and across the plains. Now I know why "America the Beautiful" was written.

We had a wonderful cruise on the Diamond Princess. Then the second suggestion was to stay at the Marriot at Hollywood and Highland, that was a good choice also. We could look out at the mall from our room. They even shipped some our luggage home for us. It arrived the day after we returned.

Your advice was truly appreciated for someone who at the time knew nothing about LA. I hope people continue to seek your great advice.

Thank you

Carol

Critter Chick thank you too.

I would like to thank you both for your advice relating to our trip out west. You began your help in our early planning. We choose to stay at Cal-Mar at your suggestion. It is on a quaint peaceful street. It was quite lovely. The manager wanted to know how we learned about their hotel and we told him of course from Cruise Critic. Their staff was as great as you said.

It was a restful stay after our comedy of errors getting to LA. There had been a freight train derailment on the lines which stopped Amtrak from going all the way to LA. But I will take the train again. It was so scenic going through the mountains and across the plains. Now I know why "America the Beautiful" was written.

We had a wonderful cruise on the Diamond Princess. Then the second suggestion was to stay at the Marriot at Hollywood and Highland, that was a good choice also. We could look out at the mall from our room. They even shipped some our luggage home for us. It arrived the day after we returned.

Your advice was truly appreciated for someone who at the time knew nothing about LA. I hope people continue to seek your great advice.

Thank you

Carol

Critter Chick thank you too.

Thank you so much for those kind words and the report back!

It is so nice to hear back after the vacations.

And, from the nice quaint street of Santa Monica to the heart of the action at Hollywood and Highland - you also got a good cross view of how different Los Angeles can be in each specific area!

That's one of the reasons that we try to get a feel of each person's needs before we give a specific area or hotel suggestion.

Each neighborhood can be a vastly different experience!

So nice to know that you had a great one!

I was happy to read of such great recommendations. I have not heard of the 'Cal-Mar' could I be directed to the right post or website.

Glad it was great.

Thanks for the help, MaryAnn

I was happy to read of such great recommendations. I have not heard of the 'Cal-Mar' could I be directed to the right post or website.

Glad it was great.

Thanks for the help, MaryAnn

This for a nice good budget in Santa Monica...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=423818

There 's other ones for different budgets, requirements or family sizes.

There's other info (hotels) I recommend for different reasons in Santa Monica, Marina Del Ray, Venice, Hollywood, etc.

Let me know if you have any questions...

Archived