When is Lobster on the Menu?

cyberfilly

We're planning our first Princess cruise and want to be sure lobster will be offered on the menu one night. We're looking at Caribbean itineraries out of Ft. Lauderdale. Is it safe to say that all 7-day itins will offer lobster in the dining room at least one night? Looking at sailing in 2009 or 2010.

We're planning our first Princess cruise and want to be sure lobster will be offered on the menu one night. We're looking at Caribbean itineraries out of Ft. Lauderdale. Is it safe to say that all 7-day itins will offer lobster in the dining room at least one night? Looking at sailing in 2009 or 2010.

Lobster is served in the dining room on Formal night, but is also served in Sabatini's which carries an extra charge of $20 for dinner per person. Well worth the extra charge, but put on your eating clothes that night.

Chef

Lobster is usually the 2nd formal night.

They usually have lobster on a formal night.

Hopefully, they'll still be serving lobster on formal nights in the regular dining rooms in 2009-10. :eek:

We never go to the Horizon Court on formal nights, so as to not miss our lobster or crab legs. I just check the dining room menu in the afternoons to see what's coming up that night.

But unfortunately it is now usually paired with jumbo shrimp. Cuts down on the lobster they have to serve.

Oh, boo hiss. :( We've been so spoiled with getting extra plates of lobster. No more, I guess. Sabatini's it is, but not on a formal night for me. I still want my free night of lobster, even if served with shrimp.

Oh, boo hiss. :( We've been so spoiled with getting extra plates of lobster. No more, I guess. Sabatini's it is, but not on a formal night for me. I still want my free night of lobster, even if served with shrimp.

On my last cruise I asked for 2 lobster tails and that's what I got (in the regular dining room)! On other cruises we've asked for 2 trays of escargots each and always got them. I've never been turned down on requests for types or quantity of foods in the dining rooms.

I still want my free night of lobster, even if served with shrimp.

The shrimps are king prawns so were nearly the same size as the lobster tail. When my son looked at my pictures, he made that comment. We were still able to get seconds.

:D

Just off the Golden Princess and the lobster was served on the Captains Dinner night which was not a formal night, however this was a 6 night Pacific Coastal which may have impacted things a bit. There were no shrimp or prawns with the lobster. I ordered the beef wellington with a lobster and the waiter ask me if one was enough, I said yes and he brought me two.

On my last cruise I asked for 2 lobster tails and that's what I got (in the regular dining room)! On other cruises we've asked for 2 trays of escargots each and always got them. I've never been turned down on requests for types or quantity of foods in the dining rooms.

Oh good. My husband will be relieved. He never has even had to ask before, they just offered.

Archived