What is "Next Cruise Booking"

Crusinmamma: You think your confused...well read this thread about Next Cruise! I am still confused from it! But I will try to get answers in 3 weeks on my Explorer Cruise!:)

PS: if you cancel a cruise with a nextcruise booking, you do not lose it. You have to rebook withing 12 months though.

Here is the Thread it came from!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=772489

Who said that?

:confused::confused::confused:

EDIT: I read your thread you linked to. You are referring to Lisichka? I don't believe you can cancel and rebook an NC. RCI can do that. But you as a cruiser can not.

The only time it happened to me was about a month ago. RCI had to cancel my NC and rebook me under a different reservation number. I made sure that they carried everything over.

Maybe the statement

but I have never had a problem canceling and rebooking.
refers to changing a reservation from one ship/itinerary to another.

Oh nice now I am even more confused (if that's possible).

This is what I have, looking at it now...I have a Next Cruise Booking Promotion Certificate that entitles me to (up to) $200 on my next sailing.

It has a certificate number.

It has a master booking ID #

No certificate issue date

No ship

No sailing date

Signed by the LA

And the friend who gave it to me was told by the LA that she could use it for Genesis.

So FlCruiser - is this not true? :confused:

The next cruise certificate can certainly be used on Genesis since there is no expiration on them.

Once the person with the master booking number (The person who received the certificate onboard) books their future cruise the friends and family certificate must then be used within 30 days of the actual booking and must be used on the same sailing.

The master booker and person using the friends and family certificate receive the same OBC.

I think this statement is a little misleading,at least the way I read it because you only need one Next cruise for just one person in a cabin in order to get the OBC.

I do have a question though can you make a next cruise for people that are not sailing with you?

Nope. I tried that. :D

Misleading? I thought with the notation per person it is pretty clear that you can have 1 or more.

Next time I will clarify.

Instead of defending false information you better clarify (which your e-mail you posted does not either) because if someone believes you and goes by what you say they will have a rude awakening.

This is not false information..........though it might be confusing information, I will say that. People have been doing it since it's inception and have had no problems............so there's been no rude awakening.

What you first have to remember is that when you purchase a NextCruise you are not purchasing a cruise. You are purchasing the opportunity to book a cruise at a later date..........probably in the comfort of your own home...at a reduced deposit that is non-refundable but still gives you the opportunity to receive the OBC. You are also being given the opportunity to ask friends/family to join you on the same cruise and receive the same OBC that you are.

So............when a guest makes a NextCruise booking on board, they can also obtain two NextCruise certificates to give to friends or family. The certificate will entitle the bearer (person(s) who received the Certificate) to make a booking on the same ship and sail date the original booking is made on (that's the NextCruise booking that is now a real booking with a ship/itinerary/sailing date) and receive the onboard credit. Loyalty agents will be the only shoreside personnel that can make these bookings. The original certificates must be received by Loyalty for processing. Copies and duplicates will not be accepted.

As I said before you are more than welcome to email the person that sent me the email and ask for clarification.

The next cruise certificate can certainly be used on Genesis since there is no expiration on them.

Once the person with the master booking number (The person who received the certificate onboard) books their future cruise the friends and family certificate must then be used within 30 days of the actual booking and must be used on the same sailing.

The master booker and person using the friends and family certificate receive the same OBC.

a) nobody said that she can not use your NextCruise certificate with Genesis.

b) To the rest of it: whatever........:cool:

This is like pulling teeth here. :D

The FF coupon (aka NextCruise Booking Promotion) must not have an issue date. The issue date is the NC issue date. You have to submit that coupon with your NC. The entire lower section "internal use" can be empty. This section will be completed when you are sending this coupon in (unless you use a TA). TAs don't have to send it in. They just give the ship code (in my example NV740).

Like I said, I had coupons filled out and not filled out but they were always stamped with the ship code and subsequent numbers (thats what I meant with the ship).

I made a scan of an old coupon.

Please read the front where it says to call Royal Caribbean within 30 days and please look at the additional attachment with the terms on it (I even put a red box around it).

Your NextCruise Booking Promotion (FF coupon) will not work for Genesis since it will be attached to the NC beyond the 30 days.

I give you credit though. A lot of LAs are not very knowledgeable. If he/she told you that you can use those with your NC when the Genesis pricing comes eventually out then he/she was wrong (which does not surprise me at all). One LA gave me 6 of those things for one NC. I asked him what am I going to do with them all. He told me to use them. When I told him that it is only limited to 2 per NC he said: "Oh, you are right." :cool:

Believe me, I fought over a 24 hour difference just about a month ago. But I don't want to bore anybody with that story.

;)

a) nobody said that she can not use your NextCruise certificate with Genesis.

b) To the rest of it: whatever........:cool:

You said it couldn't be used on Genesis.

Thank you Ray for helping to set the record straight on this. You are saying exactly what Patti said. Which it what I believed in the first place. ;) :D

Thank you Ray for helping to set the record straight on this. You are saying exactly what Patti said. Which it what I believed in the first place. ;) :D

No problem. But I'd like to thank the beautiful LA on the Mariner (I love you Deborah) for taking the time with me. It was explained so that even I could understand it.....LOL

Patti...thank you for clearing that up. I thought you had 30 days after the Next Cruise became a booking. :)

No problem. But I'd like to thank the beautiful LA on the Mariner (I love you Deborah) for taking the time with me. It was explained so that even I could understand it.....LOL

I try really hard not to post misleading and incorrect information. That's why I posted the email that I received from Aaron Laufer. I had the same questions and concerns when NextCruise was first introduced and wanted some factual information that I could pass on.

Ray, I know what you mean about the LA's. You were lucky that Deborah took the time to explain it to you...............some of them do not take the time because they don't understand it themselves.

This is not false information..........though it might be confusing information, I will say that. People have been doing it since it's inception and have had no problems............so there's been no rude awakening.

What you first have to remember is that when you purchase a NextCruise you are not purchasing a cruise. You are purchasing the opportunity to book a cruise at a later date..........probably in the comfort of your own home...at a reduced deposit that is non-refundable but still gives you the opportunity to receive the OBC. You are also being given the opportunity to ask friends/family to join you on the same cruise and receive the same OBC that you are.

So............when a guest makes a NextCruise booking on board, they can also obtain two NextCruise certificates to give to friends or family. The certificate will entitle the bearer (person(s) who received the Certificate) to make a booking on the same ship and sail date the original booking is made on (that's the NextCruise booking that is now a real booking with a ship/itinerary/sailing date) and receive the onboard credit. Loyalty agents will be the only shoreside personnel that can make these bookings. The original certificates must be received by Loyalty for processing. Copies and duplicates will not be accepted.

As I said before you are more than welcome to email the person that sent me the email and ask for clarification.

hey that is quite alright. Inception of NextCruise was in 2007. So its not like this program is in effect for the last 10 years.

Since its inception last year beginning with Sept 07 I booked every cruise (including groups) with or without additional coupons.

Lets count the bookings via NextCruise

Sept 07 NC with NextCruise Booking Promotion

Nov 07 NC with NextCruise Booking Promotion

March 08 NC with NextCruise Booking Promotion

April 08 NC without NextCruise Booking Promotion

July 08 NC without NextCruise Booking Promotion

Sept 08 NC without NextCruise Booking Promotion

Jan 09 NC without NextCruise Booking Promotion

May 09 NC with NextCruise Booking Promotion

Jan 10 NC without NextCruise Booking Promotion

That is a total of 9 NC bookings. You better believe I know this program well. As a matter of fact I just had an issue where I was 24 hours outside the dead line because an LA made a date error on the NC issue date.

What everybody is doing is simple interpretation of the terms and conditions. But those are not left to interpretations. Those are rules.

Even the original NC application you fill out says

when booked within 30 days of issue date
not when booked within 30 days of booking date. issue date clearly refers to NC issue date.

I will leave this discussion right now. It doesn't make sense anymore.

616523350_nc1.jpg.0ef19e472a019b33afbe1b7b0c24e61d.jpg

You said it couldn't be used on Genesis.

You can't even read and you are trying to tell us you understood Deborah on the Mariner.

The NC was not the issue. It was the accompanying coupons. Reread.

Did Deborah not tell you what a NextCruise Booking Promotion is?

You can't even read and you are trying to tell us you understood Deborah on the Mariner.

The NC was not the issue. It was the accompanying coupons. Reread.

Did Deborah not tell you what a NextCruise Booking Promotion is?

I will type this slow so that you understand.

The next cruise certificate has no expiration.

When you receive your next cruise certificate onboard you also receive 2 friends and family certificates.

On your next cruise certificate there is a booking number.

When you decide on what cruise you want to take you use that booking number.

Now you have made an actual booking.

From the date of the actual booking the friends and family certificate must be used within 30 days.

SO YES THE FRIENDS AND FAMILY CERTIFICATE CAN BE USED ON THE GENESIS!!!

I hope I didn't go too fast for you here?

When you receive your next cruise certificate onboard you also receive 2 friends and family certificates.

From the date of the actual booking the friends and family certificate must be used within 30 days.

Thanks Ray.......I understand you!!:D

Gosh, I have 4 NextCruise bookings that I purchased last year. I also have Certificates for F&F that are linked to those 4 NC bookings. Hope I can use them in 2010!!;) Oh wait...........I know that I can.:)

Thanks Ray.......I understand you!!:D

Gosh, I have 4 NextCruise bookings that I purchased last year. I also have Certificates for F&F that are linked to those 4 NC bookings. Hope I can use them in 2010!!;) Oh wait...........I know that I can.:)

Enjoy those cruises. So nice to look ahead. :)

I'm good for 2008, 2009, and 2010.

Now the waiting game for 2011.

Sorry FLCruiser but this is exactly what my friend was told when she gave me the Next cruise booking. Literally word for word, exact.

She told the LA she was going to use her Next Cruise for Genesis. She game me the F&F certificate to go on the same cruise with her.

I'll guess we'll see when bookings open up in August. I suspect there will be alot of Genesis Inaugural Cruisers with F&F certificates :D

I'll update you on the outcome.

I believe Patti and Ray are correct.

I picked up a next cruise on the Monarch in February. I then converted it to a booking on April 30th and used the FF coupons to book two additional cabins, for our December cruise. No problem!:)

As they have said, you can't use the FF coupons until you actually have a booking to use it on!

I believe Patti and Ray are correct.

I picked up a next cruise on the Monarch in February. I then converted it to a booking on April 30th and used the FF coupons to book two additional cabins, for our December cruise. No problem!:)

As they have said, you can't use the FF coupons until you actually have a booking to use it on!

This is what I was told as well on the Vision April 5,2008 and no date was put on the certificates. However on the Monarch in January LA Danny did write dates on the certificates.....is is possible the policy changed? I am going on the Monarch again in 2 weeks I'll ask.

I have used many Next Cruise bookings, and have transfered my Reservation number (the original booking number I got with the NC) to another ship and date. Supposidly if you Cancel , you loose your deposit for the NC. There was a thread started the other day, where someone applied a NC to a Cruise they already had booked prior to getting the Next Cruise Coupon. They also stated they had cancelled a Next Cruise and Never lost their deopsit!

I guess rules are ment to be broken!

Isn't that the truth, exceptions are made:D I did not read this thread so don't know the details but it is possible the person might have been confused with princess as they allow this after a booking has been made and I have done this with them. Also they do refund the deposit.

So I guess I should have said transfered or change my booking to another date.

Anyway since you have transfered many let me pose my situation.

I book a 14 day cruise with a 800. plus 100.(NC) deposit 900 total.

I decide to transfer NC to another date, but this time it is a 7 day cruise deposit is only 500, do they refund my 400 or do they hang on to it?

This is what I was told as well on the Vision April 5,2008 and no date was put on the certificates. However on the Monarch in January LA Danny did write dates on the certificates.....is is possible the policy changed? I am going on the Monarch again in 2 weeks I'll ask.

I have two Certificates for F&F that I received when I booked a NextCruise on Radiance last September and everything is filled out in the "For Internal Use Only" section.

Mary Ann Lau, the LA told me then that this is just reference information with the inactive booking number, purchase date of the NextCruise and sailing date when the NextCruise was purchased. It will not affect anything when the F&F certificates are finally used.

On our recent Splendour cruise we booked a specific cruise on April 12th for September of 2009 and also received two F&F certificates. Those certificates were also filled out in the "For Internal Use Only" section. They had to be used within 30 days of our booking............so they actually expired on May 12th.

It looks like each LA does it different.:confused:

I have two Certificates for F&F that I received when I booked a NextCruise on Radiance last September and everything is filled out in the "For Internal Use Only" section.

Mary Ann Lau, the LA told me then that this is just reference information with the inactive booking number, purchase date of the NextCruise and sailing date when the NextCruise was purchased. It will not affect anything when the F&F certificates are finally used.

On our recent Splendour cruise we booked a specific cruise on April 12th for September of 2009 and also received two F&F certificates. Those certificates were also filled out in the "For Internal Use Only" section. They had to be used within 30 days of our booking............so they actually expired on May 12th.

It looks like each LA does it different.:confused:

I think you are correct and certainly I would push the issue, if I wanted to use one of the dated ones..........thanks for the info.

Sorry FLCruiser but this is exactly what my friend was told when she gave me the Next cruise booking. Literally word for word, exact.

She told the LA she was going to use her Next Cruise for Genesis. She game me the F&F certificate to go on the same cruise with her.

I'll guess we'll see when bookings open up in August. I suspect there will be alot of Genesis Inaugural Cruisers with F&F certificates :D

I'll update you on the outcome.

I was right and you still can redeem your coupons. :p:D;)

I guess that is the perfect world when there is a solution with winners all the way around.

Here is a convo I had with someone I know at the coupon redemption department - or whatever it is called (to be read bottom to top):

-----[edited]@rccl.com wrote: -------

Your very welcome. *smiles*

[edited] [edited]

Crown & Anchor Society, [edited]

E-mail: [edited]@rccl.com

ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS? COMMENTS?

Call: 1-800-526-9723, 9 AM to 11 PM EST, Monday-Friday, 10 AM to 8 PM EST Saturday-Sunday

(Outside the United States or Canada: +1-316-554-5951)

Visit our Web site: www.royalcaribbean.com

E-mail us: crownandanchor@rccl.com

Write us: Crown & Anchor Society

P.O. Box 026053

Miami, FL33102-6053*** Be sure to keep your Crown & Anchor Membership Number handy and always provide it every time you book a Royal Caribbean cruise vacation to get all the benefits to which you are entitled. ***

-----Original Message-----

Sent: 05/14/2008 9:56:01 AM

To: [edited]@rccl.com

Subject: Re Re Re NextCruise Promotion Certicates

[edited]

All I need to know. Thanks.

;-)

Oliver

Oliver,

Noooo comment! *smiles*

[edited] [edited]

Call: 1-800-526-9723, 9 AM to 11 PM EST, Monday-Friday, 10 AM to 8 PM EST Saturday-Sunday

P.O. Box 026053

Miami, FL33102-6053*** Be sure to keep your Crown & Anchor Membership Number handy and always provide it every time you book a Royal Caribbean cruise vacation to get all the benefits to which you are entitled. ***

Sent: 05/14/2008 9:37:29 AM

Subject: Re Re NextCruise Promotion Certicates

[edited],

just for personal satisfaction: Who? Who gave out misinformation? LAs?

LOL

Oliver

Hello there Oliver. How are you?

Yes, I survived May. But as they say: you never stop learning.

To answer your question when NextCruise was initially implemented the accompanying coupon was supposed to be redeemed if a NextCruise certificate was converted into a reservation within 30 days of the NextCruise certification date.

Unfortunately, in the early going of this program a lot of misunderstandings happened and misinformation was given out. Therefore we decided to accept the NextCruise promotion coupons past the intended due date.

Hope that helps.

[edited] [edited]

P.O. Box 026053

Sent: 05/14/2008 9:01:49 AM

Subject: NextCruise Promotion Certicates

Hey there [edited],

How have you been?

Hope you survived the May mess. LOL.

I do have a quick question though. The certificates you receive as part of the NextCruise Promotion (F&F coupons) when are they supposed to be turned in and/or validated. Based on the May disaster I was under the impression that they had to be redeemed within 30 days of NextCruise issue which is consistent with your terms and conditions. Yet some cruisers contend that LAs tell them 30 days after NextCruise was converted into a fixed booking.Thank you very much.

Sincerely

Oliver [edited]

And finally for others in regards to canceling NextCruise I also contacted the appropriate person, my CVP at RCI.

To my question if a NextCruise can ever be canceled and reinstated (within 12 months) the answer was (also to be read from bottom to top):

Hi Oliver

Next cruise bookings where a ship and sail date have been selected cannot, under any circumstance, be converted back to a next cruise. If you are unable to sail on the selected ship and sail date, you can change to another ship and sail date. All changes must be made before the final payment of the original travel date. Next cruise certificates has no expiration date - can be converted at any time. If you cancel a next cruise certificate, you will forfeit the deposit, onboard credit, reservation.

Best regards

J[edited] V[edited]

Certified Vacation Planner

Celebrity Cruise Line

Royal Caribbean International

800 859 7225 [edited]

[edited]@rccl.com

Hours of operation

Monday - Friday 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM EST

Saturday 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM

www.celebrityseurope.com

Oliver [edit] <o.[edited]@southern-florida.com> 05/13/2008 09:56 PMPlease respond to

o.[edited]@southern-florida.com

To[edited]@rccl.com

cc

SubjectOh my, another stupid question

J[edited],

Can you cancel a NextCruise and rebook within 12 months or once the NC is canceled can you use the same NC without losing your NC deposit within 12 months?

I'd greatly appreciate it.

Oliver

So with that we can lay these issues to rest. :D

Isn't that the truth, exceptions are made:D I did not read this thread so don't know the details but it is possible the person might have been confused with princess as they allow this after a booking has been made and I have done this with them. Also they do refund the deposit.

So I guess I should have said transfered or change my booking to another date.

Anyway since you have transfered many let me pose my situation.

I book a 14 day cruise with a 800. plus 100.(NC) deposit 900 total.

I decide to transfer NC to another date, but this time it is a 7 day cruise deposit is only 500, do they refund my 400 or do they hang on to it?

I would say by default they transfer everything. My CVP does. But I am sure if you tell them to refund your over-deposit they would do it.

I was right and you still can redeem your coupons. :p:D;)

WOOHOOO and now that my head is really spinning..lol...if it says "Up to $200 OBC"...how is that determined? Is it something like more than 10 days $200...less days, less OBC?

Or does it go by price of cruise?

------------------

Edited to say, nevermind...I see you answered that on Pg 1 ;) Genesis 7 days will get $100 OBC

WOOHOOO and now that my head is really spinning..lol...if it says "Up to $200 OBC"...how is that determined? Is it something like more than 10 days $200...less days, less OBC?

------------------

Edited to say, nevermind...I see you answered that on Pg 1 ;) Genesis 7 days will get $100 OBC

The OBC will be determined by the length of the cruise. Celebrity bases their OBC on the total cruise fare cost.

So.....OBC would be

3-5 days $ 50

6-9 days $100

10+ days $200

Whoops.....didn't see your reply when you edited your post.

length of cruise.

3-5 Nights: $50

6-9 Nights: $100

over 9: $200

EDIT: I answered to fast before I saw your edit....you must have hit your submit button the second I hit reply. Funny!

Archived