Priceline cancelled pre-cruise hotel in Port Canaveral

Bongo

Hi,

I'm not sure if this has been posted by anyone else yet, but I was booked in the Holiday Inn Cocoa Beach Oceanfront Resort the night of 11/26 (sailing on Carnival Glory 11/27) and priceline just sent me an email stating that the reservation was cancelled due to to hurricane damage.

"Due to damage sustained during the recent hurricane activity this

property is closed for repairs. While they had hoped to be open to

accommodate your reservation, the damages were more extensive than

initially thought and they will remain closed. We are unable to provide

alternate accommodations, as other hotels in the area are either also

closed because of damage or are booked with emergency workers or

residents who have had to seek alternate shelter. "

They emailed me a $10 coupon per night upto $50 off my next priceline hotel booking which I think was very generous of them given the circumstances. I'm sure there have been alot of cancellations because of the damages.

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up in case they were booked in that hotel around that timeframe. I guess it's back to the drawing board as to where I'll be staying that night!

-bongo

We were cancelled also for our pre cruise stay on 10/22/04. I started looking again through priceline but they had nothing in a 3* available, so I booked Days Inn through places to stay.com for $79.00 per night tax included. I had 3 rooms booked. I didn't want to take the chance using Hot wire or something too iffy.

Linda

Hotwire tonight is showing a 2.5* in the region of Cocoa Beach for 11/26 at $84. The amenities are: Hotel, Pool, Complimentary Breakfast, Laundry (self-service) and Tennis nearby. I checked betterbidding.com but they didn't have a 2.5* with those amenities reported yet so maybe someone that's familiar with the area might wager a guess on which one it is.

That could be the Holiday Inn Express. The price has gone up $10 since late last week. Since the hurricanes and closing of Ron Jon's, Hilton, Doubletree and the Holiday Inn, reservations have been more difficult to get especially at lower prices. Radisson is sold out on many pre-cruise dates so do check directly with the hotel. I was told they were sold out for my night of stay, but when I called direct, they had one smoking room left but at $139 compared to $99 that most people reserved before the Hurricane struck. I did try many on-line sites and tried placestostay at your recommendation. I did choose the Day's Inn at $81.75 as it is steps away from the beach and right near the Cocoa Beach pier where there are many restaurants.

Bon Voyage

Thanks for all your help! We decided to stay at a hotel near the airport instead. It will probably work out better since we have a late flight - we get in around 11pm. We'll just drive to the pier in the morning (we're renting a car through Budget) instead of making the trip after land. We gave priceline another try and ended up saving money on the new hotel. We'll be at the Marriott Orlando Airport, 3 stars for $33 plus fees. Works out to be about $43 which is $10 cheaper than the Holiday Inn in Cocoa Beach!

-bongo

• 3 months later...

Archived