Halifax question

I have another question I'm hoping you can help me with. We ended up booking the Duck Tour through Carnival because we couldn't get the time we wanted booking independently. Our tour begins at 11:00 and we want to make lunch reservations afterwards. When my sister talked to the tour operator she was told that Carnival stays on New York time and that if our tour says 11:00 it would actually be at 12:00 Halifax time. Does anyone know if this is true?

I have another question I'm hoping you can help me with. We ended up booking the Duck Tour through Carnival because we couldn't get the time we wanted booking independently. Our tour begins at 11:00 and we want to make lunch reservations afterwards. When my sister talked to the tour operator she was told that Carnival stays on New York time and that if our tour says 11:00 it would actually be at 12:00 Halifax time. Does anyone know if this is true?

I assuming so. When on a Caribbean cruise you're always warned about staying on ship time and ship excrusions are listed as departing on ship's time not local. There is an hour's time difference in time zones between NYC and all Atlantic Provinces. I'm sure the tour operator would know best.

True...at least was for us when we were there 2 years ago. We did the Duck tour on our own. We walked up there leisurely and just booked on our own. Saved us quite a bit for 4.

Thanks. When we've cruised the Caribbean, we were always notified of the time difference and advised to change our watches/clocks accordingly. So I just assumed the ship would change to local time (and we know what happens when you asssume :p )

Archived