a warning

Flick

I don't believe I claimed in my post that I was a rocket scientist and no, I am not a frequent flyer like some people although I am using points to fly to California later this year. My intent was simply to, as the title suggested, give some people a "warning" that they not repeat my "silly mistake".

I hardly expected a conversation about my mental acuity.....

Flick,

Since you are not a frequent flyer and you are taking a cruise out of London you may want to make yourself more familiar with the restrictions on baggage and carry ons there.

In some cases they are even more restrictive than what you have experienced in the US.

Hopefully you can avoid your recent frustration.

Happy sailing.

On our cruise in July, one of the flight attendants on our flight to AMS gave us a bottle of wine. Needless to say, it was confiscated as we tried to go through security to KLM. The security person gently placed it at the bottom of the bin. My husband told him to enjoy it, and he smiled.;)

Never had a problem personally, I breeze through security with sweet f.a. these days.

That is because flight crews can go through security with over 3 oz items. Many of them now wear their uniforms when flying for leisure so they don't get hassled about such things. Mine carries my large items for me.

I fly almost every week for a living - but coming back from a cruise almost two years ago, we had several bottles of booze. Not thinking at all, I was going to carry it on. But a the last minute before checking my luggage I had a brain explosion and remembered, and we stowed the bottles among our dirty underware. :D

Fortunately nothing got broken.

I see people every week with jewlery etc trying to go through security.

Archived