Inside cabin for 4?

I just booked an inside cabin for 4, for my family on the Explorer of the Sea. It will be a surprise Christmas gift, shhh....! We will be on deck 6. How tight will it be in there? For the kids, will it be 2 bunk beds or a couch that opens up? If anyone as a photo, I would really appreciate it. On NCL, it is usually, one top bunk and one cot that pulls from under our bed.

Thanks

~Jo~

I just booked an inside cabin for 4, for my family on the Explorer of the Sea. It will be a surprise Christmas gift, shhh....! We will be on deck 6. How tight will it be in there? For the kids, will it be 2 bunk beds or a couch that opens up? If anyone as a photo, I would really appreciate it. On NCL, it is usually, one top bunk and one cot that pulls from under our bed.

Thanks

~Jo~

What cabin number do you have? There is a symbol right on the floor plan which describes what it is, like pullman/sofa or 2 pullmans or sofabed that sleeps two. Most likely it will be 2 pullmans in my experience.

We have been on Voyager and Explorer with four (two adults and two kids, one a teen) in an inside cabin. Its a little tight when everyone is getting ready for dinner, but that wasn't even that bad. You'll have a great time.

Both of our cabins had two pullmans that open from the ceiling.

We've cruised several times with inside cabins, including Explorer and Voyager (we're a fam of 4 with two teens). Have also cruised with a balcony cabin, but personally I'm just as happy inside. That being said, we own a 21 foot travel trailer, so we're used to small spaces. All cabins are tight for four people; as a previous poster mentioned, getting ready for dinner if everyone needs the bathroom can be tight - I solved this by showering in the men's locker room at the spa.

We have had inside cabins several times, and several times with 4 people in them. It is always 2 pulldown beds from the ceiling. It can get tight at times, such as at dinner, between 4-6. But other than that, it was not because we all got up at different times, go to sleep at different times, and go in and out at different times. So the only time it is tight is when you are getting ready for dinner.

We find that it is a great way to cruise, and a have a lot of fun with a little extra spending money.

Thanks for all the replies. I know it will be close quarters because we often do inside cabins with our 2 kids, this will be their 7th cruise. I couldn't remember how the extra beds are set up on the RCCL ships. I prefer the 2 pullman from the ceiling, the kids still fight on who gets the pullman when there is only one (we have to alternate!!). We have gotten connecting cabins before but it is too late for this sailing,( Feb vacation). I don't want to put my teenage girls in their own cabins, I don't feel comfortable with that, for several reasons.

~Jo~

Archived