Pied Piper's Post Thanksgiving Cruise - Rcci's Serenade Of The Seas

Host Tyler

OMG Froggy....I see your booked on QM2 Christmas/New Years 2008 ! That's the cruise that my friends are going on, that I referred to in the previous post! Let me put you in touch with them....they'd love to have you at their table as well!

Greetings..

Our friends want to make reservations for Chops, so I checked and RCCL will now allow you to book a reservation online..Yeah!...anyway, we are going to rent a Tux while onboard and thought it would be fun to go there on one of the formal nights.

Does anyone have any ideas when formal nights are?...a good time to book?..I know when we sailed on Holland there was one special night in the main dining area that was great, so we don't want to miss that..

Thanks..

Wolf

Hey Wolf...typically, there will be 2 formal nights, the first usually the second evening of the cruise and the 2nd, the day before the last day of the cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
:confused: I hope there are more singles going on this cruise. It seems everyone is coupled up.

Hi tucan, there will be plenty of singles, usually are. The group here on Cruise Critic only represents a very small contingent of passengers. Also, Pied Piper will start a chat group a few months prior to the cruise.

So far looks like the Cruise Critic contingent consists of;

Tyler & Paul - Kansas City

Premiumrican – NYC

(djg30084) Dennis & Richard (et al) – Atlanta

Neil & Paul – Toronto

Kyle & Dan – Denver

Chris – Denver

(wolfatlga) Roy & Marty – Atlanta

(crispycrttr)Christina & Mary – NJ

(afflier) Lenny – Washington DC

02143 – Sommerville Mississippi

Gibby7072 – Boston

Tucan

Help me fill in the blanks!

I was on last years cruise and had a blast 900 people were on it. I don't know with solstace being so close if they will get as many this year. I looked at hotels and they are a little expensive but will book at the sheraton soon. This vacation is getting expensive.

Hi everyone-

Any ideas re the shore excursions you'll be taking?

We love snorkeling and kayaking but no zip lines or long hikes, maybe one bike ride. We've been looking at the RCCL offerings and thinking whether we should look elsewhere for a more private/individual experience.

We're coming in on Friday early afternoon and staying at the Sheraton Friday night.

Anyone want to get together before on friday nigt?

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Christina and Mary

I am waiting for Pied Piper's excursions to come out. They are usually cheaper than the cruise lines. Plus we saved information from our last cruise and may go off on our own at one of the stops.

We're coming in on Friday early afternoon and staying at the Sheraton Friday night.

Anyone want to get together before on friday nigt?

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Christina and Mary

Hey! We're staying at the Sheraton as well and coming in on Friday. American keeps changing our flight times, and right now we get in around 6! We have a favorite restaurant that we like...maybe we could meet for dinner!

Tucan - Tampa

I booked my air fare so I guess I can no longer get cold feet. I am considering the Sheraton for Friday night. I can't wait for this vacation...I am goingt to see what Pied Piper comes up with for their shore excursions. I hope they have one drinking party excursion like in Mexico. That was so fun we got back to the boat with 10 minutes to spare.

Tucan

Added to contigent: fidel & george- NJ

Hi tucan, there will be plenty of singles, usually are. The group here on Cruise Critic only represents a very small contingent of passengers. Also, Pied Piper will start a chat group a few months prior to the cruise.

So far looks like the Cruise Critic contingent consists of;

Fidel & George - NJ

Tyler & Paul - Kansas City

Premiumrican – NYC

(djg30084) Dennis & Richard (et al) – Atlanta

Neil & Paul – Toronto

Kyle & Dan – Denver

Chris – Denver

(wolfatlga) Roy & Marty – Atlanta

(crispycrttr)Christina & Mary – NJ

(afflier) Lenny – Washington DC

02143 – Sommerville Mississippi

Gibby7072 – Boston

Tucan

Help me fill in the blanks!

Whatever everyone does..I do not recommend staying at the Atlantic Beach. We stayed there last time. It was not worth it at all. As far as the bars and clubs, we had a great time at the straight bars. We did not really find a good gay bar, but probably did not get good information from the hotel.

Hotels in San Juan Area are very expensive, comparable to US City prices (ie NYC). We have stayed at Canario properties in Condado and find them very clean, simple and affordable http://canariohotels.com/. Enough for a few nights stay. We will be staying again 11/27-29 prior to our cruise. This is very close to the Marriott Stelaris and in the heart of tourist area.

I have stayed at the Sheraton in Old San Juan using Priceline and found the room to be very comfortable (yet small) and in line with US ammenities. It's right across from the pier for Carnival cruises. I believe the pier for RCCL is around the bay and requires transportation.

Whatever everyone does..I do not recommend staying at the Atlantic Beach. We stayed there last time. It was not worth it at all. As far as the bars and clubs, we had a great time at the straight bars. We did not really find a good gay bar, but probably did not get good information from the hotel.

Yeah. I think the Atlantic Beach is fine for a gay bar, particularly since so many people from the cruise will find their way there the night before, but they water their drinks.

It is an OK bar. I usually had a beer so I did not notice the watered down issue. Their happy hour is not that bad. We will probably stop by there Friday Night for a drink at some point. We are staying at the Mariott that night.

We have stayed at Canario properties in Condado and find them very clean, simple and affordable http://canariohotels.com/. Enough for a few nights stay. We will be staying again 11/27-29 prior to our cruise. This is very close to the Marriott Stelaris and in the heart of tourist area.

Hey Fidel,

We have reservations at The Sheraton, but El Canario by the Sea looks great and like $200/night less than The Sheraton! We're thinking about changing. What's transportation from the airport and to the cruise terminal like?

Archived