Amsterdam in Sept- Questions??

trvldog

Hello

I have never sailed Holland but we are going to Alaska in Sept. Will be my 4th trip to Alaska but first with Holland.

I have a question can we pre-order/purchase alcohol for our room? I am not into the smuggling thing and we would just like to have a bottle to mix drinks in the room before dinner ect..

When we went on RCCL before to the Carribean you could buy duty free and pay extra to take in to your room but they have stopped that -at least last year to Alaska I was not able to so not sure if I could only do it in Carib.. Anyway anyhelp is greatly appreciated

Also I assume you can bring on mixers and soda without having to hide them is that OK or do they frown on that?

On last thing we are a triple in an outside room- for this do they bring in a rollaway or do they have sofa's that pull out? I did see a couch in a photo of the outside rooms but was not sure if a bed or not :)

Thanks!

When I saw the title of your thread I thought this was going to be about the city of Amsterdam in September. :eek:

OK, yes, you can purchase liquor. You can call ship services at 1-800-541-1576, go to the HAL website and order it as a gift (to yourself), or wait until you're aboard. Once on-board you can order it from room service or purchase it at a bar.

And yes, you can bring your own mixers.

The third beds I've seen are the couch flips over to become a single bed. Word is they're comfy.

Have a great time in The Great Land!

Thanks Ruth!

Yeah I went to Amsterdam last year actually and and would choose a cruise over going back there anyday!!

I found the order form and I think I will order it before hand that way it will be all paid for before we start and maybe add a spa treatment from Hubby for me

I am really looking forward to cruising with Holland - I have been on Celebrity, RCCL several times and NCL also. I have always wanted to cruise Holland.

Not to mention I love the Alaska stops they do this year more then any of the other ships!!

Archived