Serenade Compass - Alaska

wildcatlh thank you for the compasses! We have read them all.

We head out in 3 months, and are obnoxiously excited!!

A few questions...

Did you do the Thermal suite? Is it worth it?

The Mystery Dinner Theater on Monday, was it a fixed menu, or can you order off the menu?

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Gail & Dave :)

Didn't do the thermal suite, and didn't do the Mystery Theatre Dinner. Though I heard from others that it was great. Sorry I couldn't be more held there.

Didn't do the thermal suite, and didn't do the Mystery Theatre Dinner. Though I heard from others that it was great. Sorry I couldn't be more held there.

I hope you'll post some photos on that Flickr page too! We leave on the same cruise, June 28th.

We were on the Serenade last August, and it is fantastic.

We did the thermal suite for the week, and I have to say it was wonderful. I was not sure if my DH was going to like it, but he ended up spending more time there than I did! Laying on the warm, tiled tables while watching the snowing scenery is quite sureal, and very enjoyable!

We also did the Mystery Dinner. It was cheesy, but fun. The menu selections were limited, but there was some choice available. It was not the same menu as the main dining room. It was served in Portofino's if I remember correctly.

Hope that your cruises are as fun as ours was!

We were on the Serenade last August, and it is fantastic.

We did the thermal suite for the week, and I have to say it was wonderful. I was not sure if my DH was going to like it, but he ended up spending more time there than I did! Laying on the warm, tiled tables while watching the snowing scenery is quite sureal, and very enjoyable!

We also did the Mystery Dinner. It was cheesy, but fun. The menu selections were limited, but there was some choice available. It was not the same menu as the main dining room. It was served in Portofino's if I remember correctly.

Hope that your cruises are as fun as ours was!

Thanks for the info Anita...we are hoping it's as awesome as we keep hearing!

Gail :)

Hi DJD

I'm on the same cruise at the same time! and can't wait!!! 8 weeks to go!!!

Just having trouble deciding which excursions to go on when the ship is in each port!

Karen

Hi DJD

I'm on the same cruise at the same time! and can't wait!!! 8 weeks to go!!!

Just having trouble deciding which excursions to go on when the ship is in each port!

Karen

Hey Karen! I'm excited too. Our group is my mother, my sister and myself and we've been pouring over the excursions for months now! We've made reservations, changed our minds, and changed our minds again several times! :D I think we've got it narrowed down now . . . kayaking and whale watching in Icy Strait, helicoptor with glacier landing and bike ride or rock climbing in Skagway, and float plane (for me)/Mendenhall rafting trip (for mom and sister) in Juneau! I can't wait!!

Which excursions are you looking at?

Deborah

Hi Deborah

We're thinking of pretty much the same excursions as you - definately going to do the helicopter up the glacier to the dog sleigh ride and might have talked my partner into the kayaking - he's not very confident on water but I will talk him round!

We are flying to Vancouver on the 23rd, having three nights there before the cruise, we went to Vancouver two years ago so know it quite well, and then having five nights there after the cruise before we fly back to Manchester.

Can't wait!

Karen

:p This information was extremely helpful! Thank you so much for your time and effort!:o

Compasses in .jpg format:

Currently uploading a pdf version and will post that in a bit.

Hi Deborah

We're thinking of pretty much the same excursions as you - definately going to do the helicopter up the glacier to the dog sleigh ride and might have talked my partner into the kayaking - he's not very confident on water but I will talk him round!

We are flying to Vancouver on the 23rd, having three nights there before the cruise, we went to Vancouver two years ago so know it quite well, and then having five nights there after the cruise before we fly back to Manchester.

Can't wait!

Karen

Hi Karen. I'm a little envious of your time in Vancouver! We will fly in the night before and have just a little time the morning of embarkation day to check out some of the city briefly. I'm sure that won't be enough time, but then again, that will give us an excuse for a return visit! Maybe we'll run into each other on the ship! If you decide to do the morning kayaking session in Icy Strait I'll definitely meet you then!!

Deborah

• 4 weeks later...

Archived