What is your favorite Hotel in Seattle and why?

Four of us will be staying in Seattle before a cruise. My hubby, me , his sister and mother. We 're willing to pay up to $200.00 a night but less on cabs.

Are there any good hotels with transfer from the Airport.

How is the area by the airport and cruise terminal.

Thanks

Brenda and Bob

we really enjoyed it, polite friendly staff, 4 blocks from Space Needle and Pacific Center, I-Max theater, duck tour, a good place for a beer or lunch at Reveletions by Space Needle, safe neighborhood to walk, nice grocery store I block away, nice breakfast and room, 2 public computers with high speed internet and usually can get them at some point in the day, a sofa with sitting area to relax, we had a nice view of the Space Needle from our room, shuttle to take you to attractions, just reserve on the half hr., they even came and picked us up one night after dinner at McCormicks & Smits on Lake Union, by the way a good high end fish house to eat nearby (9 blocks) I could go on but I think you are getting the picture, I like this place, Buck

Four of us will be staying in Seattle before a cruise. My hubby, me , his sister and mother. We 're willing to pay up to $200.00 a night but less on cabs.

Are there any good hotels with transfer from the Airport.

How is the area by the airport and cruise terminal.

Thanks

Brenda and Bob

Only hotels that have transfers from the hotel to the airport are airport hotels.

Cheaper to stay by the airport than anywhere downtown (which, of course, includes Pier 66. Terminal 30 only has one hotel in any close proximity as it is in an industrial area), but still not inexpensive for quad rooms (expect in the neighborhood of $250-300 plus hotel taxes).

$200.00 per night will be generally impossible for a quad room downtown--expect about twice that. Most double rooms run $250.00 to $1000.00 per night depending on the property, exclusive of the 15% room tax.

We stayed at the Sixth Avenue Inn before departure & the MarQueen hotel after the cruise.

The Marqueen was ok - the room was HUGE, they held our luggage prior to check-in. We walked to the Space Needle from the Marqueen, but I wouldn't say it was close. The Sixth Ave Inn was within walking distance of shopping, Pike, the monorail, etc. The Sixth was economical and they had a restaurant with a very tasty breakfast. It has some bad reviews on Tripadvisor, but we had no problems at all. I'd likely stay at Sixth Ave again, but probably not the Marqueen.

Downtown Sheraton. Its very nice and the service was great. We were checked in at 11am and they had plenty of counter help so people were not waiting! There are two towers, one is nicer, but we stayed in both( before and after our cruise) and enjoyed both rooms. They have doormen that will hail you a cab in minutes- It is a short walk to Pikes Market, around 4 blocks, and another 3 to the waterfront. Very easy walk. There is a RiteAid and a Walgreens right out the door of the hotel, and right across the street is a Mall ! Also two movie theatres and a Game Works for kids across the street. The room was very clean, had flat panel TV and the window looked out onto the street with view of space needle and corner of waterfront. ( we could see the ship) both of our rooms were like this. We used priceline and got the rate of $122, and $144. We upgraded to a King when we arrived for $20 more. We didn't use the restaurant at the hotel as Seatttle is a full of great places to eat! The hotel has free internet use, and MANY places to sit downstairs, it has conference rooms so keeps busy upstairs. The only downfail to this hotel was they had just closed their pool for remodeling. They did offer the use of another club down the street for a small fee, but we didn't use it.

We really liked the hotel, as you can tell. The cab from the airport was $31 for two, and the fee to the port was $11 for two.(5 Minutes away) Also the hotel has a luggage hold, so if you cannot check in, you can store your luggage. Check out was very easy- leave key and go.

We are staying at the Sheraton. Will a cab be able to hold 4 suitcases?

I recall the hotel has a free shuttle, but does it not take you to Pier 66?

The Sheraton does NOT have a shuttle to my knowledge, unless it is a brand new service.

If the suitcases are not too large, it should not be a problem. It is far more likely to be a problem trying to fit four of you into one taxi.

The hotel Sheraton does not have an airport shuttle. The cab fare is $31 from airport to hotel, two people. The hotel does not have a shuttlle to the pier. The cab cost is $11 for two poeple. We had 4 pieces of luggage, two were pretty big. Fit fine. We had family meeting us, and used the cab for transportation to Fremont for dinner and there were 4 of us. Three fit fine in the backseat, and one in the front seat. The pier is very close to the hotle, but not walking distance with luggage. We walked there one day to see the area and watch the NCL STAR boarding.

We used Priceline only a few times, and yes I would have to say it is worth it. The trick is to review the hotels that you would want to stay at on a travel site, then check their star rating..then when you go to Priceline, you have to put in what star hotel you want to stay at, example 3* and then you put your price you want to pay , it will reject your offer if it is too low, HOWEVER you want to keep bidding low..like first put in $75.00 night, then when it comes back rejected, try $85.00...Just keep your bidding going like that. THIS is not like ebay, you get your answer back within minutes if the price is accepted or not. When it is accepted, your credit card will be charged and final payment made. We started our bid at $95 and got the Saturday night room for $122, but on our return from our cruise on Sunday and Monday we got it for $140. Also we didn't try booking until about a month before our cruise, so might be best to try sooner then that. We loved our rooms, and we upgraded at check in to a king room for $20 more a night. if you have any questions about priceline please ask-- many of us have only done it recently after taking advice from the great people on these boards.

I go to Seattle pretty often on business, and can recommend the following downtown:

Sheraton Seattle

Westin Seattle

Hilton Seattle

Roosevelt

All of these are served from the airport by the Gray Line Airporter shuttle bus for $11 per person one-way. All are close enough to walk to Pike Place Market and shopping downtown, and not too expensive to cab to the cruise ship pier.

Does the Sheraton have an airport shuttle? And I've never used Priceline. How can I learn and is it worth it?

I have used Priceline many times. Go to the website and read the rules. Go to this website and read the FAQ for hotels. http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/bpricelineandexpediabidding

Scroll down to the Washington/Seattle area click on that. On that page you can see what has been posted for successful bids on ebay. Click on the hotel list to see what hotels may be included at Priceline. This will give you an idea of what price to bid for and what hotels you may get. I always bid on three star or better hotels and have never gone wrong. If it doesn't matter to you what amenities a hotel has, breakfast, shuttle, etc., Priceline should work well. If you are particular, it would be best to book another way. If you only bid on three star or better hotels, you will always get the mainline higher end hotels like Sheraton, Hyatt, Marriott, etc. One other caveat, once your bid is accepted, you are stuck, you can't change or cancel your booking, you pay for it right then and there. Usually I wait until close to my travel date to book through Priceline to make sure I'm not changing my plans. Sometimes I book a hotel that I can cancel just for peace of mind and then I try Priceline later.

Archived