Crown vs Hamilton

patsicruiser

Hi My friends and I are interested in cruising to Bermuda next summer and are having a hard time deciding which ship to book. We've ruled out the Voyager because 5 days is too short. There are 2 other ships leaving from our vicinity the Horizon and the Crown. I've read good and bad things about both. My friend's TA advised her against the Crown due to receiving several complaints. I'm leaning more towards the Crown as they have balconies and the Horizon does not. Anyone cruise on both of these ships? Can you recommend the best ship in your opinion? Thanks.

The Crown does NOT have balconies unless you get an "owners suite"-- I was on her in August-- It is NOT a new ship, for sure- But I found no cause for complaint.. Three stops were great, very convenient. I think the itinerary is the selling feature of the Crown to Bermuda--

Thought I could help in that the only balconies on the Crown are top deck Owner's Suites at a premium price (plus 2 smaller, but still pricey Penthouse Suites). Not trying to influence you as I only know this because we are on the Crown next month for a Repo. over Thanksgiving, so I have studied the ship, and found the price differential between a suite and an Owner's Suite not justifiable. Yet the AC suites do have a nice amount of space and supposedly the picture window is nice for less than half the price. Enjoy, Randy

I had a mini-suite on the 9th deck-- It was very nice, spacious with a nice sitting area and, as mentioned above, a large bay window-- I've never been without a balcony before, but I did enjoy the mini-suite- DH expressed his opinion that he like the "mini-suite" layout better than the balcony room on the Dawn--

We stayed in the Ab suite on the Crown in August. It was worth every penny! Balcony was so latge we could have had a party on it.

We really enjoyed the Crown. I wrote a review on teh review board which may help you decide. Can't speak for teh Horizon,but have read both positive and negative reviews.

In resonse to balcony question. With the itinerary and great layout of the Crown, why would you be spending any time in your room in the first place? Staff and facilites onboard are great. The overnights in three ports and the shore excursions make this a great selection. I traveled on her in July and was really impressed. She was once the Crown Odyssey and went through some changes, but all for the better. We have always loved the Top of the Crown with it's glass and mirrors.

There's too much to do in Bermuda to stay in your room!!!!! Plus you can come and go as you please. WHile we were there, one of the other ships lost all it's electricity for over 24 hours and the other one had severe plumbing problems in the whole ship. I was counting my blessings I was on the Crown. Besides the other ships looked so nasty compared to the Crown.

Archived