Pacific Sun May 3- May 10 part 3

Awoke at 5am as I was excited to be arriving in Vila

Stumbled upstairs to Deck10 (well, lets just say if I had a glass of wine in my hand it would look as if we were drunk as the boat was really rocking around)

Looked outside and it was blowing a gale and teeming with rain! :(

After an early restaurant brekky, we went down to deck 3 to start the queue of the ship!(we were always pretty lucky getting 1st in queue all the time!!)

By 8am we were tied up along port and we got our 2nd glimpse of the weather. OH DEAR!!:( We were hoping the rain would claer, but it got worst!!The locals were struggling to put their markets up in the weather . we made a run through the muddy puddles and into the 1st availiable bus!

$3 each for a ride into town..I made a dash to the post office and bought a phonecard as I hadnt been able to contact home since we left cause silly me forgot to organise to have my global roaming switched on my mobile!I felt much happier after checking the kids were doing ok without us!

Walked up the main street till we found the duty free store Paris and that other one like feng kwei (I can never remember its name!)

A 1.125lt vodka for $8 and 1lt Bailys for $16and smokes at $10 a carton kept me a very happy girl.

DH bought 2 bottles of good burboun for $40- HE WAS 75 ML OVER THE CUSTOM LIMIT BUT THEY DONT CARE IF ITS A SMALL AMOUNT!

We then took a bus and had a drive around and stopped at Le merridion resort.

I helped myself to one of the resort umbrellas and a look around.

The rain didnt stop the whole time we were there.

Met some tourists at the resort from melbourne and they shared a bus back into town with us.

They said they werwe not going to do any shopping today as the ship was in town and they were told the locals put the price up.

(We had taken our lanyards off as we knew this)

I then told her we were from the ship and the driver gave us the filthiest look!We then tried to get on the ferry and visit Irrikiu resort, but were told we would have to pay $2o each and spend the credit on food or drink on the island.

We passed on that as the weather was just horrendous.

Picked up some souvineers for the girls (not as much as I would have liked but it was realkly hard shopping as everything we bought was getting drenched!

Found a dry pub called shooters and had a beer and a glass of wine.Others from the ship had the same idea.I couldnt believe my eyes as I saw a bottle of passionpop behind the bar, (yes, I enjoy ppop!:eek: )

I ordered 1 glass and he charged me $6.50-I was speechless- I can buy 2 bottles for that price at at Dans!!!!I had to get a photo of him holding the bottle as It was a very funny moment for me and those who call me the passion pop queen back home.

Made our way back to the ship and found the locals selling umbrellas at the markets.joined the 500pax queue to board (no shelter up for us)Ate some lunch and got back off with an umbrella to look at ths wharf markets.

Bought a cool bow and arrow for $5 and some powder form karva to share withour favourite friends back home who have never tried it!(Its comming out tonight at our bbq!);)

At 4.45pm the ship blew its horn 3 times. 2 passengers were missing.

We took our drinks up top in the rain and watched and waited for them.They kept calling out thier name and no sign of them.At 5.15 the ship blew again and we set off.I think they missed the boat.

They certainly didnt get on or we would have seen it-So we left 15 min late -at least they waited 15min for them.You wouldnt believe it but then the bloody rain stopped!

The ship was so wet and slippery that island night was moved inside to the terrace lounge.

We stayed up on lido in our island gear with our group and gave island night a miss,I know that its normally the highlight of the ship- but it was too packed to have it indoors!

WE ENDED UP HAVING ANOTHER EARLY NIGHT

Awoke at 5am as I was excited to be arriving in Vila

Stumbled upstairs to Deck10 (well, lets just say if I had a glass of wine in my hand it would look as if we were drunk as the boat was really rocking around)

You mean you didn't:eek: . At least at 5am you could use the excuse you're still drinking from the night before:)

You mean you didn't:eek: . At least at 5am you could use the excuse you're still drinking from the night before:)

I'm starting to worry about you, Karen. :p

What a shame about the bad weather in Vila. :(

The money now charged for the Iririki ferry won't worry us, we plan to have lunch over there anyway. But thanks for the heads up. :)

Thanks for posting the price of bottles of drink, thats what my hubby is looking forward to buying duty free, a bargin to take home so is 2 bottles per person our limit. (we have never brought duty free before!)

Cant wait to read more!:o

Thanks for posting the price of bottles of drink, thats what my hubby is looking forward to buying duty free, a bargin to take home so is 2 bottles per person our limit. (we have never brought duty free before!)

Cant wait to read more!:o

Duty free limit on alcohol is 2.25 litres per person (over 18 years of age). A couple can combine their allocation to make 4.5 litres. :)

Maybe- but the bars are shut between 4am and 10am- my drinking buddies know as they were often out this late!! :eek:

I was a good girl!!! :D

Maybe- but the bars are shut between 4am and 10am- my drinking buddies know as they were often out this late!! :eek:

I was a good girl!!! :D

Yeh but if you bought a couple at 4am, you could still be drinking at 5am;)

Hi. I'm really enjoying your review. I'm very interested to hear if being in such a far forward cabin was a problem re ship movement. We are booked in M10 on PS in July and it will be the first time we have had a forward cabin. Although we haven't had any seasickness on previous cruises I am wondering how we will go.

Hi. I'm really enjoying your review. I'm very interested to hear if being in such a far forward cabin was a problem re ship movement. We are booked in M10 on PS in July and it will be the first time we have had a forward cabin. Although we haven't had any seasickness on previous cruises I am wondering how we will go.

We only felt the movement when the weather got abit rougher- but as I said, I actually enjoyed it!

I would presume if you havnt been seasick before, then I doubt this cabin will effect you! :)

Enjoy your cruise

Hi Staceymrow

I just have to ask did your friends enjoy the Kava?

Shame about the weather in Vila.

Someone on a previous post mentioned Ma Barkers has now gone from the main street. Did you happen to notice if it has reopened somewhere else while you were there?

Look forward you part 4.

Regards

CRUISING ALONG:)

Archived