CCL prices are falling...........

I don't usually pay too much attention to this type of thread, but I decided to check the fares and I'm glad I did. Our Nov 9th Pride cruise down $120. TA working on OBC now (to add to the $150 OBC we already got when we booked!!!) That would be sweet. Pay for all the gratuities AND David's Supper Club.

Both myself and waitingforacruise both said out of Galveston there is no sign prices are falling and as you pointed out, the reason you got such a good deal is you got a military price. You can say nothing to do with military push. But May Carnival is doing a military booking promo, its true.

If your subject line has said military pricing, is whooo hoooo, I would have skipped the thread but it said prices are falling, not in Galveston on anything I have booked. Every date is now more than what I paid, no matter which date or how far out. As someone else said, your best bet is still booking early, at least out of Galveston where supply is short.

Neither of my last two bookings, both 7 days are under $1000. If the subject line is true or not depends on which port you sail from.

The military pricing is based on the current regular rate. I know that my Liberty sailing has gone down about $50 p/p since I booked in January. There are a lot of cabins left too, which only seems like it may go down even more in the future. Therefore, if they drop that price, the military rate goes down.

I usually pay in full but I wanted to lock in this price in case I am wrong about steals that I think are coming this fall. If I find a much better deal I will switch the booking.

FYI. You can pay in full and still take advantage of price drops or cancel and rebook on another ship as long as you do it before the penalty phase.

I don't usually pay too much attention to this type of thread, but I decided to check the fares and I'm glad I did. Our Nov 9th Pride cruise down $120. TA working on OBC now (to add to the $150 OBC we already got when we booked!!!) That would be sweet. Pay for all the gratuities AND David's Supper Club.

Working on an OBC? Since your cruise isn't until November she should just reduce the amount of your final payment. Unless of course you have already paid in full or you requested the additional OBC.

Bill

My son booked the Valor in October for $598 pp OV including taxes and fuel surcharge. The day he was going to book it went up $150 pp, fortunately a few days later the price came back down. Thats not a military rate. Fuel hit approximately $128 barrel today. I can't imagine where the fuel surcharge might go, or what the airline prices might be. But it is very tempting at these prices to do something this fall.

Archived