NCL Ships Personnel Listing on site

With all the shifting of ships personnel I think it might me a good idea for NCL to post on their website a listing under each ship to identify Ships Executive - CD and Concierge. I think it would be a nice touch to see before I book and to refresh my memory when we return. What do you think?

Important officers aboard ships are humans and have families too. Families just like ours which can get sick, get involved in accidents, deaths, and other short notice family crises.

If you booked a cruise because of a certain CD, HD, Captain was scheduled to be aboard, and that person had to leave the ship on short notice, would you ask for compensation? If not you, I'm sure someone else would.

Posting who's aboard a ship isn't good for the cruise line's bottom line. I don't think any cruise line reports this info, and I don't believe any cruise line ever will.

At first, it looks like a good idea, the more info released to the public, the better it is. But on second thought, I don't think this suggested info is.

In the past, I have tried to find out if certain wait staff would still be on a particular ship. They would not give that info to me for security reasons. Personel are hired for certain lengths of time, then given time at home and usually return to a different ships from which they left.

Important officers aboard ships are humans and have families too. Families just like ours which can get sick, get involved in accidents, deaths, and other short notice family crises.

If you booked a cruise because of a certain CD, HD, Captain was scheduled to be aboard, and that person had to leave the ship on short notice, would you ask for compensation? If not you, I'm sure someone else would.

Posting who's aboard a ship isn't good for the cruise line's bottom line. I don't think any cruise line reports this info, and I don't believe any cruise line ever will.

At first, it looks like a good idea, the more info released to the public, the better it is. But on second thought, I don't think this suggested info is.

Now, I wouldn't look for compensation if that "certain someone" wasn't there. But you are right, I'm sure some would. I do find that there has been so many changes of late that it's hard to keep track of who is where and there seems to be quite a few posts asking "where is" "who is" on the ship now. I do have to admit, that who is on/running the ship would influence my decision in part as to what ship I'd like to sail next. That may very well be a problem for the cruise lines - but it could also be a good thing for bookings as well.

In the past, I have tried to find out if certain wait staff would still be on a particular ship. They would not give that info to me for security reasons. Personel are hired for certain lengths of time, then given time at home and usually return to a different ships from which they left.

I was thinking more of Ships Department Heads - which normally don't seem to change as often as crew & waitstaff.

but then you have all those pre-cruise passengers, who want special attention, that will be emailing, or trying to call, the department heads..instead of going through the normal channels. :D

but then you have all those pre-cruise passengers, who want special attention, that will be emailing, or trying to call, the department heads..instead of going through the normal channels. :D

I was thinking that also. They would need to come up with a new method of assigning email addresses for their employees or those poor people would be swamped! :eek:

sometimes, for fun, i read the "love stories" board...

some of those women have a brief meeting with a man in uniform and then swear it the "real" thing. with a list of the officers...would that be too easy for the stalkers?

I don't' think that posting an email address would be appropriate at all. And as for those "stalkers" well - they'd probably already know who's where. But I see your minds are the downfalls of doing this - guess I was being a little to upbeat in thinking it would be a positive move. Note to self: Think about all the nuts in the world and then step away from the computer :D

Don't get me wrong VoyageVirgin. As an information tool I like your idea. The way they presently assign email addresses makes it too easy for anyone to write to them though. But it certainly wouldn't be difficult to assign different email addresses. (and let's face it, the stalkers wouldn't have trouble finding the names of them anyhow)

Not taking anyone wrong at all. I'm just a little embarrased :o that the thought did not occur to me how easy it would be to start those "unwanted" emails flying. Have to go get some more coffee and get the brain cells working for the 21st century. ;)

Not taking anyone wrong at all. I'm just a little embarrased :o that the thought did not occur to me how easy it would be to start those "unwanted" emails flying. Have to go get some more coffee and get the brain cells working for the 21st century. ;)

Still in all--they could change the method of email addresses & it's a great idea! Nothing to be embarrassed about at all. Anyone who has been on the boards for any lenght of time knows that "Who's the Capt on the ____" type questions comes up often. So people are obviously interested. (of course, for all I know the people asking those questions ARE the stalkers :eek:)

Celebrity cruisers are obviously also interested in that type of information - have a look at how they go about gathering the relevant info (one poster collates info provided by fellow cruisers into a spreadsheet type summary) - seems to work quite well :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=14252670#post14252670

I have heard of rock bands having groupies but cruise ship employees?

I wouldnt book a ship based on the captain or the ships doctor.

Sometimes I don't even know who the CD is until I get on board.

Even cruise ship employees deserve privacy. Sometimes people want to believe that certain crew members are their friends because they were nice to them all week. But in the end they are just doing their job and the following week will bring new passengers and it starts all over. I am not saying that some people dont stay in touch with crew they have met on board but I do think some of them are just being polite and wont remember after the week is over.

Its a vacation. You shared some laughs, you took some pictures, its over. Let it go.

It just seems kind of weird that some people may be obsessed with such a thing. :confused:

Celebrity cruisers are obviously also interested in that type of information - have a look at how they go about gathering the relevant info (one poster collates info provided by fellow cruisers into a spreadsheet type summary) - seems to work quite well :)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=14252670#post14252670

Yes, apparently they do, but I don't believe that Celebrity helps them in any way.

Archived