Currents magazine ???

starketcher

We received our first Currents last week, cruised in December 2007. Ours has a gray haired gentleman smooching on what seems to be a much younger lady (hmmm, typical advertising) telling us that "Europe Beckons".

It came addressed to my husband (he's 36, he must be "mature"..ha ha ha) when I'm the one who booked our two cruises and my name was first on everything. Go figure!

He has had a PVP calling him nonstop for the past month even though we told him we already booked through my PVP. I registered him for his PG number back in January and we just started getting these calls after we re-booked in March.

I just checked the Currents that got here a few days ago, and Yup, sure enough, it's the one with the "Old Guy" on the cover! :(

Damn, someone must have let the cat out of the bag -- or maybe it's because I took a Holland America cruise in '06 ("nearly dead," LOL). :rolleyes:

Anyway, my point is that for years people have (rightly) complained that delivery of Currents is "iffy" at best. I think this is the first one I've gotten in close to a year.

Oh wait -- maybe it's a conspiracy, and all the U.S Postal workers around the country are hoarding them and not delivering them to us?!?! :eek:

Happy cruising anyway folks! :D

And we were on our first CCL cruise in Jan. LOL, it came addressed to DH, when I'm the one who booked and paid for the cruise!:D Oh well, at least I know what it looks like now.

This is the case at our house too. I feel it is a bit sexist or old fashioned--which ever term suits you better I guess.

But like you, I am the one who is registered on the website, I am the one who books, plans and pays for all the cruises yet all the promo stuff that comes via snail mail is always mailed with DH name on it.

We have been cruising for years and I am VIP, not hubby as he does not go as often as I do. Well, it is hubby that gets Currents and not me. I plan, book and pay all under my name. I guess you can just never figure it out. No rhyme or reason.

And to top that off 11 year old grandson go one today. 11 years old!!!!!!!

Hi Ya MuuMuu! Tell Bob hello!

OP:

We got the version of Europe beckons, in Hubby's name, although I am the one who pays and books and ...yada yada...I do enjoy reading the magazine though!

How are you both? We're fine. Bob, always looking for that lobster!

Any cruises lately?

We will be on the Pride March 2009 for the canal transit trip which is 14 days long. Can't wait. Also on Miralce in Nov 08.

How are you both? We're fine. Bob, always looking for that lobster!

Any cruises lately?

We will be on the Pride March 2009 for the canal transit trip which is 14 days long. Can't wait. Also on Miralce in Nov 08.

MuuMuu...Email me and we'll chat. I want to hear more about your cruises. jrmende63 at yahoo dot com.

And which Current did the grandson get? Hopefully the Young version!

Yep, that's the one I got also. Page 18 article is "Family time out".

Hmmm...then maybe instead of an "old" version and a "young" version, it's "people who cruise with kids" and "people who don't cruise with kids."

Our copy came addressed to my SO, who is 33 years old (I am 35) and we got the one with the silver-haired guy on the cover, and the ad for the walk-in bathtub. We don't have kids...is that the difference, then?

Archived