*Weight Restrictions*

Does any one know what the weight restrictions are on the top bunk beds? Or do they have one?

smilie_confused_dontknow.gifsmilie_confused_dontknow.gifsmilie_confused_dontknow.gif

Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

2904089650064766337S425x425Q85.jpg

Also are they laid in the wall , when they are closed up, or kinda like a shelf? Thanks.

Yes there is a weight limit. If the number is greater than 250 pounds I would inquire with someone that has specific design limit information. While in port the bunk may hold far more weight than this however when underway the dynamic forces produce much higher peak stress on the bracket fasteners. A catastrophic failure of the mounting point could result in severe injury to occupants below! This is something not to take lightly!

Cheers,

Norman

Q: For the upper berths, what is the height and weight limitation?

A: There in no height restriction on the Pullman berths, but the bed length is 1.98m (76"). Max weight is 300 lbs. Minimum age is 6yrs old to sleep on a Pullman

Just wanted to add that on the newer ships, post Vision class, the beds fold up flush with the ceiling during the day. The older ships, the bed folds up onto the wall, but still sticks out a few inches when not in use. Happy Cruising!

Hi Raina:)

From what I remember 300 lbs. is the limit. Consider who can navigate the ladders to get into them too! Sorry we missed you folks in December, we're trying again this December on Adventure.

Good Luck;)

Hi Raina:)

From what I remember 300 lbs. is the limit. Consider who can navigate the ladders to get into them too! Sorry we missed you folks in December, we're trying again this December on Adventure. Good Luck;)

I love cruising in December. I was thinking about the ladders too thanks! Let me know about the Adventure. I want to try her one day.

Hey Raina!!

I was looking around some new boards, and who should I see?! Kelsy slept on one of those bunks on Navigator. She loved it. It just folds up against the wall when not in use, but I believe hers was left down most of the time as I recall. You need to come on over to the Sovereign board to help me get that crowd motivated. They're a little lethargic now. How's the baby? You should come and visit the Nautical Navigators, I think our time is winding down. :( Mike and Popster are trying to help keep her afloat. I don't believe there will ever be another like it.

Hey Aquaman: She's (Raina's) doing fine. She's still got threads all over! We have a group going and there are some elderly and some larger then others.

Email her if you get a chance. She listens to your cd every now and again, it's in my car now! (motherhen4him@hotmail.com)

MELVIN!!!!! How's it going my friend?! I showed some Navigator pictures to some friends here at work today, and came across the meet and mingle ones, and you with your Steelers shirt! Glad everyone is well. Those beds seem pretty sturdy. I got in it once, but not for any length of time. I'm about 240, and it seemed pretty stable to me. Glad you're enjoying the music! I'll add that address to my list. Take care!

Archived