update- VIP luggage tags

vegasmann

Hi all

thought i would let you know what is happening on luggage tags. as reported just over a week ago my docs are not showing VIP on luggage tags, this is my 11 cruise and my sons 10th. Our cruise history is all upto date. Have emailed carnival and hopefully it will get sorted but the reasons so far 1) Middle name incorrect, now correct, still not showing vip, then 2) home tel number incorrect, now correct, still now showing vip. 3) now given to the IT guys and awaiting feedback. Dont understand how middle name being spelt incorrectly or tel number would cause VIP not to show, have always had same tel number and middle name on previous docs.

Has anyone else heard of this before?? Its nothing to do with wanting to get my luggage to cabin quickly, just for check in. Thanks

Hi all

thought i would let you know what is happening on luggage tags. as reported just over a week ago my docs are not showing VIP on luggage tags, this is my 11 cruise and my sons 10th. Our cruise history is all upto date. Have emailed carnival and hopefully it will get sorted but the reasons so far 1) Middle name incorrect, now correct, still not showing vip, then 2) home tel number incorrect, now correct, still now showing vip. 3) now given to the IT guys and awaiting feedback. Dont understand how middle name being spelt incorrectly or tel number would cause VIP not to show, have always had same tel number and middle name on previous docs.

Has anyone else heard of this before?? Its nothing to do with wanting to get my luggage to cabin quickly, just for check in. Thanks

As long as your past guest number is right the rest should not matter. From what I understand carnival just goes by that number.

Hi all

If they did have that wrong they might have set up a new past guest number for those cruises you went on under the wrong information.

On my cruise history on carnival site the cruise is listed as a future sailing with correct guest number, so they have it listed as the correct guest number. I know its not important and there are so many other things to worry about, but just wanted it to be correct, especially for my son as this is his 10th cruise. strange why neither of us are showing vip?

Having VIP on your luggage tags does not get your luggage to your room faster. Bring your cruise history with you to go to the VIP room for embarkation. As long as you get a Platinum card all will be right on the ship. Have a great cruise.

Hi thanks again for replying. I know its nothing to do with getting luggage to cabin faster, not bothered how quick my luggage gets to room. I will take my cruise history along, just like i did in december, went to vip check in at miami and was told by 3 vip check in girls that not vip until 11th cruise, you can imagine how annoyed i was, they were all saying how wrong i was and they even said they had a memo somewhere saying not vip until 11th cruise (we all know this is incorrect) but they made me feel very upset infront of my family as we were all looking forward to vip check in (same cabin) I have reported this incident. So yu can see why i want to get it sorted before leaving.

Hi thanks again for replying. I know its nothing to do with getting luggage to cabin faster, not bothered how quick my luggage gets to room. I will take my cruise history along, just like i did in december, went to vip check in at miami and was told by 3 vip check in girls that not vip until 11th cruise, you can imagine how annoyed i was, they were all saying how wrong i was and they even said they had a memo somewhere saying not vip until 11th cruise (we all know this is incorrect) but they made me feel very upset infront of my family as we were all looking forward to vip check in (same cabin) I have reported this incident. So yu can see why i want to get it sorted before leaving.

I would call Carnival and ask them if they have you down in the concierge club. If they say yes, you are registered as Platinum and VIP.

Did you get your Platinum card with your last cruise? I hope you did. Keep calling until you get it fixed. Bring along your cruise hx incase they have it wrong you can have it fixed while on the cruise.

thanks

yes i did call carnival but as i am in the uk i called the london office this is what they said quote " i am new here so dont know anything, but i will give you an admin number" (bear with me it gets worse) called and told never heard of vip and never seen luggage tags with vip on them!! gave up with london then. I am sure it will get sorted as the lady i am dealing with at carnival.com it very helpful. I did get my platinum card on last cruise after a day on boat and then i got two sent to cabin! but its not the same as getting them at check in. We are going on the new splendor for three days so dont want to leave it until onboard. thanks again.

On my cruise history on carnival site the cruise is listed as a future sailing with correct guest number, so they have it listed as the correct guest number. I know its not important and there are so many other things to worry about, but just wanted it to be correct, especially for my son as this is his 10th cruise. strange why neither of us are showing vip?

I know what you mean. It is very important for my son to finally get to his 10th cruise. I would do everything I could to make sure it was right for him. Good for you for taking his feelings to heart. Keep trying. This will be a special cruise for you guys. Have FUN!!!

For some reason Carnival gave me, and only me, a new number. It took me 18 monthe and multiple emails and calls to get the two numbers merged. And that was finallly done only months before my first VIP cruise.

Same thing happened to my family. My huaband and I have only cruised with eachother and our kids (since their birth) have taken all our cruises with us. My husband was platinum on our last cruise and I wasn't even though we have done the same amount of cruises. They show our 20 year old as having less cruises than our 14 year old. As a result our son and my husband had platinum status and our daughter and I did not. Throughout the week while on our last cruise, the pursers desk was looking into it. By the end of the cruise they figured out that the first 3 or 4 carnival cruises we did, Carnival had my middle name but the last 7 or 8 they used just my first and last name (no middle name.) They finally gave me the platinum status but are asking for paper proof of our daughters first 3 cruises so they can establish her as platinum as well. I may be a bit of a pack rat but certainly haven't saved room keys, documents from 1988 thru 1990 to prove she took those cruises!! So apparently, according to pursers, Carnival doesn't have good records that far back showing who sailed with them.:confused: Good luck and keep persuing it!

hi all

thought i would give you update, had email from carnival stating that the IT guys dont have Dover (uk new port) listed as having VIP checking (remember this is for a new ship and they are not offering vip checkin!) but the lady at carnival told them there is vip checkin, and she asked me to check with my cruisemates to see if there is anyone else travelling on July 10 08 from dover who is platinum if they have vip on docs as this will help the IT guys to speed things up. I will keep at this and let you know what happens.

Hi all

I called CCL, one eve and got a pvp, he clicked some buttons, we went to the site 2gethere and then they said VIP.. I was very nice ti him, and he was quite accommdating..u might try that..maybe try Res-solutions Dept(not resolutions)

Same thing happened to me on my 10th cruise. Even though my account said 10 cruises my luggage tags didnt have vip. I called and called to get it staightened out beforehand and it never worked. I went directly to the VIP check-in and showed them my printout. They didnt have my information there but did get it for me from regular check-in. I then had to go have changed at the pursers desk once onboard and get my patinum card.

Julie

hi all

thought i would give you update, had email from carnival stating that the IT guys dont have Dover (uk new port) listed as having VIP checking (remember this is for a new ship and they are not offering vip checkin!) but the lady at carnival told them there is vip checkin, and she asked me to check with my cruisemates to see if there is anyone else travelling on July 10 08 from dover who is platinum if they have vip on docs as this will help the IT guys to speed things up. I will keep at this and let you know what happens.

Please keep us informed. We are embarking on the 13th July and have a SS and are looking to see if VIP check in will be offered. I haven't printed off my docs or looked at them so I have no idea what is or is not on them.

Hi all

still not showing vip, then 2) home tel number incorrect, now correct, still now showing vip. Has anyone else heard of this before?? Its nothing to do with wanting to get my luggage to cabin quickly, just for check in. Thanks

Your telephone number is usually connected with your Past Guest Number with Carnival...so if your telephone number changed or was input incorrectly it could have kicked out the your VIP classification.

Archived