Hotel on Southbeach, Miami

CRUZFOOLS

I now have tentative reservations at the Holiday Inn Biscayne Bay (downtown) but now I'm having doubts. Would it be better to stay in Southbeach? We're a group of 10 (in our 40's) and don't want to spend a fortune to stay there but have read that it's a fun place to stay. Any suggestions?

I like to stay on either Ocean Dr. or Collins Ave. The 700's on Ocean Dr. is right at the boardwalk and the park on the beach. A good web site is http://www.southbeach-usa.com. Waldorf Towers has been there forever and is in a very good location and priced well. The beach there is just beautiful!! Good luck in what you choose! I am trying to decide if I am going to stay there again precruise or try Ft. Lauderdale. I will probably end up at South Beach!!

We are also staying in South Beach prior to cruise - question - what is the best method of transportation from Miami airport to hotel in South Beach then to Miami cruise terminal next day? Is it cheaper to rent a car for 1 day (do they have transportation service from rental car place to the cruise terminal ) or just do taxis?

Thanks very much for any suggestions. We are family of 3. (2 adults and 3 yr old)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi - I didn't start this thread but I am actually cruising out of Ft Lauderdale in December '05 .Since it's only a 4-day crusie I was thinking of flying down earlier and spending two nights in south beach pre-cruise as I've always wanted to visit there. What would be the best way for me to go back and forth (from Ft Laud airport, to Miami for 2 days, then back to Ft Laud port?) It's under an hour trip each way right?

Also, I'll be travelling with my two teenage sons - any suggestions for a south beach (boutique?) hotel around $100 night that would have a pool?

Really appreciate the help - great thread!

Archived