Cabins with connecting door

DublinLass

We had a connecting door in our cabin on our last cruise. If we were sitting on our sofa, which was by the door, we could hear our neighbors talking if they were by their side of the door. Beyond that we noticed no difference to any other cabin we have had.

We had a cabin with a connecting door on the Ecstasy and we could hear the people next door, but granted it sounded like there was always at least 4 people in there laughing and talking and then they would leave...The people on the other side of us, (non-connecting door) we never heard. So I think it does make a difference. Our next cruise we are taking our children and are booking 2 rooms with connecting doors - so problem solved for us! :)

So, if the people next to you are just 2 people and polite I don't think you will hear anything, if they are having a party - well you will probably hear them. :( Hope you luck out and have a good time either way

Sail on , :cool:

We would have had a couch, but got a chair instead because of the connecting door.

What ship were you on? We are doing a B2B on the Freedom with a connecting cabin. Don't want to do 2 weeks with only a chair! :eek:

Pat

Thanks for the info, I am more concerned about being able to hear people next door because of there being a door rather than a wall.

I also had one and yes there is a little noise issue. You don't hear near as much from the non-connecting cabin. It is easier to hear them. Also, if the people in the other cabin smoke and you don't you will be able to smell it.

What ship were you on? We are doing a B2B on the Freedom with a connecting cabin. Don't want to do 2 weeks with only a chair! :eek:

Pat

Go to cruise deckplans.... http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/shipscarnival.php

Click on the Freedom.....

click on your deck on the mid right side under "cabin details by deck"

scroll to your cabin numbers to see what the cabins have to offer.

BTW...

We had a couch on the Miracle but our connecting door was at the foot of our bed. I had friends on a Miracle cruise who's connecting door was up after the bathroom...they had chairs to make this possible

I also had one and yes there is a little noise issue. You don't hear near as much from the non-connecting cabin. It is easier to hear them. Also, if the people in the other cabin smoke and you don't you will be able to smell it.

If that becomes an issue, roll up a towel and stuff it into the crack at the bottom of the door.

I have just found out that our cabin has a connecting door with the cabin next door, does any one one have any thoughts on this. All opinions would be grateful

if you don't know the people there, treat the door like a wall. No problem.

Anyone know if the Fantasy has any connecting rooms?

If you go to cruise deck plans...... http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/shipscarnival.php

and click on Fantasy....you can then scroll the "cabin details by deck" If any of the Fantasy class cabins have connecting cabins they will list what ships have them....the ship code for the Fantasy is (FA)

here is an example from that site:

Cabin R38 (4A ISTW) 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

View: no window

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; wall safe; 3-closets; shower; chair and coffee table

Note: Cabin has connecting door to R42 on: EC FS

Go to cruise deckplans.... http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/shipscarnival.php

Click on the Freedom.....

click on your deck on the mid right side under "cabin details by deck"

scroll to your cabin numbers to see what the cabins have to offer.

BTW...

We had a couch on the Miracle but our connecting door was at the foot of our bed. I had friends on a Miracle cruise who's connecting door was up after the bathroom...they had chairs to make this possible

Thanks, looks like we should have a sofa!

If you go to cruise deck plans...... http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/shipscarnival.php

and click on Fantasy....you can then scroll the "cabin details by deck" If any of the Fantasy class cabins have connecting cabins they will list what ships have them....the ship code for the Fantasy is (FA)

here is an example from that site:

Cabin R38 (4A ISTW) 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

View: no window

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; wall safe; 3-closets; shower; chair and coffee table

Note: Cabin has connecting door to R42 on: EC FS

Just a note that this site has not updated to reflect some of the changes made on the Fantasy class ships, such as the addition of connecting cabins. Our booked Inspiration cabins do not show up as connecting on this site but they do show as connecting on the Ecstasy and Fascination. They are connecting though.

Archived