Around the Seabourn Water Cooler... Off topic and fun posts here!- Updated

Host Dan

After reading Wripro's comment...I wonder how many people agree with him as I do. I thought that this site was for comments about our cruises..and asking pertinent questions. Somehow..it has become a running commentary for..as Wripro said..amusement. I would add to that...self amusement. I have to say..I liked it best when it was about sincere comments. Lola

Can't we do both? I agree, sometimes it's tough to take a subject and create a new thread,

>"Remember, this is a thread for "fun" posts only, and member to member communication.. Only "positive" comments allowed!"

I use this thread a lot, posting things that I think might be interesting to other cruisers as they are to me. They are not all, obviously, about Seabourn, but then it's rare that any of us sail only on Seabourn.

Can't we do both? I agree, sometimes it's tough to take a subject and create a new thread,

>"Remember, this is a thread for "fun" posts only, and member to member communication.. Only "positive" comments allowed!"

I use this thread a lot, posting things that I think might be interesting to other cruisers as they are to me. They are not all, obviously, about Seabourn, but then it's rare that any of us sail only on Seabourn.

Yes!

And let's accentuate the positive.

" Oh wad some Power the giftie gie us

To see ourselves as others see us" Robert Burns

Let's try this:

Today is the "Gay Parade" through the Amsterdam Canals. In boats of course, all dressed up, mostly in pink. This morning a cruise ship arrived in the PTA (cruise terminal) having 2.100 gays on board! I wish we could offer better weather!

Marja

Let's try this:

Today is the "Gay Parade" through the Amsterdam Canals. In boats of course, all dressed up, mostly in pink. This morning a cruise ship arrived in the PTA (cruise terminal) having 2.100 gays on board! I wish we could offer better weather!

Marja

And it is " Pride Weekend" over here in Brighton. weather is improving.

A great weekend for Gays, one even beat Usain Bolt in a 100 metres race last night :D

Edited by MARIANH
typo

After reading Wripro's comment...I wonder how many people agree with him as I do. I thought that this site was for comments about our cruises..and asking pertinent questions. Somehow..it has become a running commentary for..as Wripro said..amusement. I would add to that...self amusement. I have to say..I liked it best when it was about sincere comments. Lola

of course this site is for comments about our cruises....its also for advice for new comers..... or even advice for old timers going to a place for the first time......I think its also a place where we can chatter (or should be allowed to) to new friends we have made on our various cruises.....I like to hear any news about the lives of the crew, who we all seem to agree are so wonderful....a bit of gossip here and there never hurt anyone. If this site is only for "comments and pertinent questions", then maybe it should be abolished completley and the official Seaboun site is all that is needed!! Why is Cruise Critic relevent? Maybe Seabourn can get a Wikipedia page that answers all the "pertinent" questions....

I have to say..I liked it best when it was about sincere comments. Lola

Sincere means - free from deceit, genuine,honest or frank. All very positive attributes.

I hope that you are not suggesting that nowadays comments are being made that are deceitful, non genuine, dishonest or not frank.

Frankly, the comments I have read on the Seabourn board have all reflected sincere views. They may be misguided in some peoples opinion ; but that is another thing entirely.

And to close on a positive note, I quote:

"Insincerity is always weakness; sincerity even in error is strength"

George Henry Lewes (1817- 1878)

Edited by MARIANH

I've been enjoying the 'expanded' topics and conversations on this board.

It's a lot more stimulating and interesting than reading the same stock questions and answers over and over!

It also gives the opportunity to those of us who would like to post, but feel intimidated by some 'hard core', high number posters, who usually dominate the responses and don't brook any disagreement with their opinions.

Steve.

Edited by cands

I, too, like this informal thread where off topic and fun observations can be posted. I particularly enjoy JaneBR's sharing of interesting items and photos which she spots in her readings. It is enterprising of this board to have such a site and long may it continue.

We are having a small family reunion in Sept.

I was not able to convince everyone to try Seabourn (my favourite, of course).

Has anyone had any experience with Celebrity Solstice?

That's what this thread is for,,,,topics unrelated to the ones that have other headings. This is the place to make all the random comments and exchange greetings so people won't go to a thread looking for information and see endless back and forth between two or three posters that have nothing at all to do with the topic of the thread.

I just love this thread!! wandering wino's...why is there an apostrophe in wino's? I was trying to figure out the derivation of your name!! :D

Jen (mine is a combo of dead pets)

:oJen, it's either bad spelling or bad English or probably both.

When I created my cc name perhaps I had already had a glass or two of my favorite wine.

Shirley

Whichever it may be, your posts are quite entertaining!

:)What a nice thing to say. I must admit sometimes I find it much easier to write then speak. With writing you have that wonderful opportunity to edit your words. While when speaking the words just rush out and all you can do sometimes is eat your words.

Shirley

That's what this thread is for,,,,topics unrelated to the ones that have other headings. This is the place to make all the random comments and exchange greetings so people won't go to a thread looking for information and see endless back and forth between two or three posters that have nothing at all to do with the topic of the thread.

Greetings. I am having a bit of deja vu and thinking we may have met on a Seabourn ship . Just to help me, could you share which Seabourn voyages you have been on in say the last three years?

Thanks so much:)

Well, I was on the Freedom of the Seas, for a "disneyesque" type 7 day vacation. I really wasn't thinking clearly, as its summer vaction, and 1200 children onboard! It was very crowded. Not Seabourn- at all! Anyway, it was what it was, and lesson learned!

Host Dan

MarianH,

Since you are obviously very interested in which Seabourn cruises I have been on lately here's a list of the ones I remember.

53 days on the Odyssey World Cruise

Odyssey maiden voyage

22 days on the Spirit in the Far East in Feb/March 2009

Legend Crossing (can't remember whether it was 2008. Think so)

Fjords on the Pride (can't remember exact dates but in the last three or four years)

Baltic on the Pride (same)

Panama Canal on the Legend (same)

Hope this helps you.