Around the Seabourn Water Cooler... Off topic and fun posts here!- Updated

Host Dan

Surely plural?

"The police are coming" sounds better than " the police is coming" :confused:

(and will they ever get here?)

For me this is not natural..... "Politie" in Dutch is singular (meaning the police force). There are more of those words in the English language....

Marja

Is 'Seabourn' singular or plural? I think because it is 'Seabourn Cruise Line' it is singular. This issue seems to be divided in the Forum usage.

Where is William Safire (RIP) when we need him?

It's a difference between British and American usage. British usage is that an entity is a plural noun (they)...Seabourn are

American usage is that an entity is a singular noun (it)... Seabourn is

Sometimes in British novels in particular, it is changed to American usage for the American market, but often not. I always notice it. I have no idea what Canadians use.

If you have a lot of time and want to read about this story, try the thread LauraS started on Cruise Critic:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1286962

Have you ever been in a situation like this? Or a similar one, when you thought: This behaviour is just going too far, this person is out of line and should actually be removed from the ship? Trust me.... I have (but decided to avoid all the hassle that comes with it, like the other party denying, an investigation and other people taking sides, which is all very stressful not only for me (us) but also for the entire crew and captain. That's why we decided not to make a case out of the "event"...:(

And no, I'm not going to explain more about it. We will try to forget it, as if it never happened. I just hope the person involved will stay away from Seabourn in the future:mad:!

In all honesty, until Marja pointed it out, I wasn't aware that I was so close. Now that I am, I think a free cruise would be a great idea. But it would have to be on Seabourn.

But aren't many of your ( almost 5000) posts on other cruise line Boards - Silversea, Oceania, Regent, Azamara etc. Or have I missed something?

Shock, horror!! We've jumped ship for our next cruise.

After 70 wonderful days on Spirit and Pride we're off on a Crystal Cruise.

I maintained a 'Live from' thread on both of our Seabourn cruises.

I am doing the same for this cruise, for anyone who's interested:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1292575

Cheers,

Steve.

Shock, horror!! We've jumped ship for our next cruise.

After 70 wonderful days on Spirit and Pride we're off on a Crystal Cruise.

ICheers,

Steve.

Make sure you tell the CC board how you liked the 1,000 additional passengers, the lack of inclusive beverages, and the dining options.

Enjoy your cruise. Crystal is a good product, just different and at a different price point. It all depends upon what is important to you.

Would you like to join me in the group "Seabourn Friends" on Facebook.... Please do so!

It is a group of both guests and crew members, an open group just for fun, photos and some news.

No competition to Cruise Critic's Seabourn Board whatsoever. A group where you can stay in touch with your Seabourn friends, or maybe even find "lost ones"!

Marja

Would you like to join me in the group "Seabourn Friends" on Facebook.... Please do so!

It is a group of both guests and crew members, an open group just for fun, photos and some news.

No competition to Cruise Critic's Seabourn Board whatsoever. A group where you can stay in touch with your Seabourn friends, or maybe even find "lost ones"!

Marja

Here is the link to "Seabourn Friends" on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=18229408892

Have a good week all!

Marja