New Cruiser about to take Spirit & I'm concerned

roc1847

yep...you will! WOW, your cruise is sold out, it's not appearing on the list at all. no cabins are available.

make sure you check the customer number on your paper work, it should be the same as your customer number (latitude number) from your 1st NCL cruise. that way you will get the invite to the party..with free drinks (you may need them by then).

not to be rude, but next time...find a different TA or call direct. you are doing too much work on this cruise for having a TA. some TAs are charging for any changes to a reservations...when you got charged from going to deck 5 to deck 6, it just sounds like a TA charge rather then a NCL charge. but i have been wrong before...;)

You were not rude at all. I should have just booked with NCL. I really mean it, you guys have given me a lot of information for next time.

As far as the charge ....on my bill (if that's what it's called) it shows the extra charge right next to NCL...

Anyway i called NCL because I could not do advanced Reg for whatever reason...I ended up having to tell the guy the WHOLE stupid story (I feel like such an idiot) he put me on hole for more then 20 minutes coming on every once in a while to say sorry.....at the end of it all he sent me to the Edocs and said all was ok with the Category and not not pay attention to any other paper,,,he said the edocs are all that matter and it is all in order!! Yayyyyyy!

He was so nice.

Now about this latatude #..i have no paperwork from my last cruise...but I noticed on the edocs next to my name it says "BRONZE" does that mean anything?

thanks

Tee

PS you must be sick of me by now...lol

yep...it means you are getting credit for the other cruise...everything is good. for 1st cruises is says NP or something like that (for new passengers?) can't remember, it's been awhile.

glad you got a person at NCL to help...usually they won't, they have to talk to the TA...nice that they did talk to you and help.

Morning ladies,

I have a funny story. Ok as you all know I am bringing my daughter and her best fiend on the cruise. Yes Moe couldn't be more of a daughter to me if I gave birth. she's been with us for a few years now and we do everything together. Now Moe does have a mom (weird relationship that I won't get get into) anyway I told Moe she had to tell her mom she was going on this cruise. Safety reason, God forbid anything ever happened

it's important her family knows, and I refuse to lie to her mom.

So Moe calls her mom so excited about this gift and instead of her being happy, she says....."Get me the information I want to go and bring my friend'!!!!!!

I busted out laughing when she told me. "Is there a cruise god trying to ruin our trip"??????loll She is so upset!!!

The last thing she would want is her mother coming on this trip. They do not get along (hence...she lives with us)

TOYZ said the ship is booked so that is good, but when I made Mo call to make sure before she calls back her mother NCL said the only thing available is a suite!! That's scary because she would spend the money on herself (never Moe) and just might book it. Moe told her it was booked but she said "get me the information and I will handle it"!!!!! Grrrrrrrrr

She asked me to do what I could but there is really nothing I can do.

I don't want a nice thing to turn into anything ugly. Ladies I just can't wait to get my butt on that boat and watch as we pull away from my real life!!

One question, when I looked up the suite it says $3500. will it go down as we get closer to the ship date? It would really be ironic if we three were fighting for a mere window and her mom cruises with us is a suite!!

I hope you don't mind you have become a place where I can vent. Promise to give a huge review when I get back! That's if i ever come back....lol

Tee

Hopefully the suite will already be booked before she figures out how to get it. lol Either way there should be plenty of things to do on the ship so she might get distracted and not bother you at all. The vacation will definately keep you girls laughing for years. See you on board.

Hi all, I am new to this site and pretty new to cruising. I have only been on one cruise and it was the NCL Dawn and LOVED it.

It was a total accident that I ended up on that trip. My friend who's name happens to be Dawn was in her mid 20's planned on going with her best friend also in her mid 20's but a few weeks before the trip her friend, a NYC police officer was wounded in the line of duty. Her neck was shattered and she would have to wear a metal contraption for months to come. Since it was a few weeks before the cruise they both would have lost money so NCL allowed her to take someone else. So Dawn asked me to PLEASE come with her as she didn't want to take her first cruise by herself. I was never interested in cruising but decided since I would be turning the big 40 five days into the cruise,,,why not! I never imagined that a 25 year old would have a good time with a 40 year old on a cruise. Well I was wrong. Age was never a factor on the NCL Dawn and we both had a ball.

Now....

My 22 year old daughter graduated from collage this weekend!!!! The first of 23 grandchildren!!!! It's a huge deal in my family. So I saved every penny to take her and her best friend (who also lives with me & my husband & is very much like a daughter to me) on a WELL deserved trip.

Here is the problem...

I wanted to book NCl because of my experience on the Dawn. The 8 day's we could all sail was June 14th and the Spirit seemed to have a good deal. So without doing much research I booked it. I started having a huge problem with my cabin information. I paid an extra $50 for an each for an unobstructed full window view. I was looking at our cabin on a travelosity site and noticed they said my cabin # was a porthole. I called NCL and they confirmed it, they also told me I had to move up a floor to get a window they suggested Icall the agent I booked with and he will deal with them to fix it. I did..He was very nice and he explained how the problem happened and that NCL moved me to a cabin with a full window but NCL wanted $140 more... I know I should have put up a fight but was told the Spirit was sold out so i just said OK. He later told me he got them down to $20 instead of the $140. Still this annoyed me but said nothing.

Now I was nervous...being a virtually new cruiser I started reading more about the Spirit and looked at my new cabin it was then I noticed they only moved me to the cabin right next door to my original. I remembered what the women from NCL told me about moving up so I .clicked the information on the new cabin and it too was a porthole. This started a big issue because charging me ANOTHER $20 on top of the original $150 only to move me into the same problem really upset me. The issue is still not over. They moved again this time this time i did change FLs, but the floor is down a flight instead of up...and thats not what the women from NCL said so I won't really know till I get on the ship. Like I said I started doing some reading on the spirit after all th mess and I am a little worried after reading some things on other review sites. Some were very negative about the Spirit but what concerned me the most was the information on the nightlife for young adults. Like I said I have been on one other cruise and can not share enough about how wonderful it was. So my girls are expecting the same nightlife.

I have saved every penny for the last 2 years for this gift for my girls and I'm starting to fear I didn't do enough homework researching what ship would be best for their age group. I am much more worried about their good time then ANYTHING else.

I am praying they find other people in their age group to dance the night away. That is what they are looking for, it's what my friend found on the Dawn, and what they heard me say over and over after my trip.

So my questions are.....Is the Spirit good for their age group?

Does the Spirit have a good nightlife for young adults

the window issue is out of my hands for now but finding information for my daughters is most important and I'm losing sleep over it.

I just want them to feel the same way I did after my first experience with NCL. They worked so hard and deserve a wonderful first cruise.

I really believed that cruising was the way to vacation for now on after I got off that boat and pray the same when they get off the Spirit.

Any information you give me will be SOOOO appreciated.

I did write about my concern for the girls good time on another site (never mentioned the cabin mishap) and only one person responded. I hope someone takes pity on me and answers even if the information is not what I want to hear.

I just want to be prepared.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Tee

Dance the night away, maybe not, but when cruising this time of the year you will find many college age and new grads on the ship. I am sure the kids will find plenty to do. Normally there is a singles meeting the first night, maybe it will be the first full sea day. Whatever, have them attend that. The information will be in the Freestyle daily.

Nita

Morning ladies,

I have a funny story. Ok as you all know I am bringing my daughter and her best fiend on the cruise. Yes Moe couldn't be more of a daughter to me if I gave birth. she's been with us for a few years now and we do everything together.

I may have missed it, but is your daughter's best friend a minor? I don't recall seeing her age mentioned. If she is a minor, you'll need to have her mother/guardian sign a consent form. Here's a link to NCL's Parent/Guardian Consent & Release Form.

https://www.ncl.com/csimages/418/99/ncl_parent_guardian.pdf

Here's a link to NCL's policies concerning age requirements:

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=VisaRequirements

As for the Spirit, she's a beautiful ship, gorgeously decorated. Here's a link to my Spirit photos:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/547851798ebHrxZ

Plus, there's plenty to do. I'm sure you won't have difficulty finding things to do.

Thanks so much for the links.

No she's not a minor she turned 21 last Dec.

I try and keep a relationship them making excuses for them to talk, for her to try and confide in her mom but I know it's a difficult situation. This trip would not have ended up the same. Moe get anxiety very easily and this is a gift for them, probably a once in a life time trip for us together and they should enjoy it to the fullest.

Can i say again the people on this message board have helped me make this special and helped with any stress. Had i not found you guys I would be freaking out till we got on the ship. Hope to meet people from here when we sail.

T

Archived